Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
Hi!
Would it be possible to cover Mac news? Most of the news on this site are related to iOS. How was it back in 2001(?)-2006? I mostly see news about the iOS only.
No speculations on what Macs Apple will drop next etc. There's nothing about the next release of macOS, pretty much. Not even a tab. The latest tab I can see is macOS Sonoma…

• Angry
Reactions: N69AP

nathan_reilly

Suspended
Apr 2, 2016
I feel like the response is pretty easy to imagine...Mac "rumors" are covered when they occur! It just so happens that a lot of *other* stuff is happening now that wasn't happening in 2001-2006. So when you say "is it possible to cover Mac news" the implication I think is that there would be less coverage of "not Mac news".... But I'm just imagining how a MR staff member might see this.

I think you should just use filters and search terms to find what you're interested in, because if I imagine your perspective, there's probably always going to be more "not Mac news" than "Mac rumors" as apple does more and more things that are not Macs.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
We have a roundup dedicated to macOS 15. Not a whole lot is known about it, mostly cross-platform improvements that would be coming to both iOS and Mac.

Mac-specific rumors are pretty light right now with the MacBook Air having gotten its recent update, but we've discussed the general timeline for forthcoming updates a number of times. There's really not a lot known or rumored about them other than the obvious M4 chip updates.

There has been a recent flurry of rumors about OLED MacBooks and foldable MacBooks, but those are a couple years off still.

But yes, exactly as nathan_reilly says, if there's Mac news to cover, we'll cover it. We're not just ignoring notable Mac news.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003

They are there, probably at a frequency of 1 in 20, but that might just reflect where they stand in the overall Apple product line. I feel your pain though.

Reactions: iHorseHead

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
We have a roundup dedicated to macOS 15. Not a whole lot is known about it, mostly cross-platform improvements that would be coming to both iOS and Mac.

Mac-specific rumors are pretty light right now with the MacBook Air having gotten its recent update, but we've discussed the general timeline for forthcoming updates a number of times. There's really not a lot known or rumored about them other than the obvious M4 chip updates.

There has been a recent flurry of rumors about OLED MacBooks and foldable MacBooks, but those are a couple years off still.

But yes, exactly as nathan_reilly says, if there's Mac news to cover, we'll cover it. We're not just ignoring notable Mac news.
Yeah, but I mean if I google search specifically it states out which Macs will be likely supported etc. I haven't seen MacRumors covering that But yeah, I understand that. Not many people are even interested in a Mac.

Reactions: G5isAlive

jasnw

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2013
Seattle Area (NOT! Microsoft)
I stumbled across this thread looking for suggestions of sites similar to this which are focus either solely or mostly on Mac and macOS. I doubt I'll leave MR, but would like to find a place with a heavier Mac content as well.

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2021
I stumbled across this thread looking for suggestions of sites similar to this which are focus either solely or mostly on Mac and macOS. I doubt I'll leave MR, but would like to find a place with a heavier Mac content as well.
I've noticed that MacWorld etc sites have more Mac news. I've mostly noticed that you have to specifically Google for things to find something though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.