Would it be Possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mark0824, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Mark0824 macrumors newbie

I was just thinking about the 4gb and 8gb space limitation on the smartphone.

I dont have many songs or videos so it is not a big concerrn for me. But, would it be possbile (technically) to have some sort of USB adapter the plugged into the iPhone and the other end into a usb flash drive for additional space for movies and or data?

I know on the MS smartphone platform this is not a big concern since they all have memory slots. Although I have not seen a USB flash driver that can connect directly to a MS smartphone through a cable(maybe beacuse of drivers?).

I have seen USB/WLAN drivers from SMC that you can plug in USB flash drivers or USB hard drvies into and connect to them wirelessly. I wonder if this could work with an iPhone through some hacks.

It would be nice to have 4-8gb on a small flash driver that you could keep some movies,music on and connect to the iPhone.

Thanks

2. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Hmm, I dont know if that is possible. I seem to remember an attachment to some version of the ipod that let photographers offload photos onto it, but i dont think they were viewable, i am pretty sure it was just storage.