Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archie 100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
I have the Apple 24 inch LED display which has the glass panel. Do you think it would be strange to pair the 15 or 17 inch MBP with the matte anti glare display with the 24" display? It would be used mostly with the external display so I'm wondering if it makes more sense for both panels to be the same. As I already have the external display I'm not open to getting something else. I'm just wondering if having the different types of displays would mess with my eyes.

airplaneman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
USA
Depends on the person... for me, it would be solely aesthetic issues (different screen size and bezel color).;)

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
In terms of screwing with your eyes you should have no issue. I have a 13" MBP (obviously its glossy) and a 22" matte monitor I use for my desktop, and really I dont even notice the change (in regard to bothering my eyes). Even aesthetically it should not be that bad. I mean think about it if you had an old MBP (preunibody) then you have the same issue, and really hardly anyone notices it. I think that you will be fine.

Snowbound

macrumors regular
May 19, 2008
I doubt you'd even notice, except for when there's glare on the 24" and not the MBP...And that's still better than glare on both screens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.