Would it be weird pairing the anti glare display with the 24" LED display?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by archie 100, Oct 12, 2009.

1. archie 100 macrumors newbie

I have the Apple 24 inch LED display which has the glass panel. Do you think it would be strange to pair the 15 or 17 inch MBP with the matte anti glare display with the 24" display? It would be used mostly with the external display so I'm wondering if it makes more sense for both panels to be the same. As I already have the external display I'm not open to getting something else. I'm just wondering if having the different types of displays would mess with my eyes.

2. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Depends on the person... for me, it would be solely aesthetic issues (different screen size and bezel color).;)

3. prodigee macrumors 6502a

In terms of screwing with your eyes you should have no issue. I have a 13" MBP (obviously its glossy) and a 22" matte monitor I use for my desktop, and really I dont even notice the change (in regard to bothering my eyes). Even aesthetically it should not be that bad. I mean think about it if you had an old MBP (preunibody) then you have the same issue, and really hardly anyone notices it. I think that you will be fine.

4. Snowbound macrumors regular

I doubt you'd even notice, except for when there's glare on the 24" and not the MBP...And that's still better than glare on both screens.

5. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I have this setup and it doesn't bother me at all. I find it more anoying the colours do not match exactly even if they are both calibrated.

6. prodigee macrumors 6502a

This is what I was trying to say, its just more simple. :p