Would it be worth it to get an iphone but just use it as a wifi device and an ipod?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dan7592, Sep 16, 2007.

1. dan7592 macrumors regular

2. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Yes, it is called buy an iPod Touch.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You might as well just get an iPod touch if that's what you want. It's essentially an iPhone without the phone. It does WiFi, you browse the web with it, and it has all the iPod functions. in your case the only drawback would be lack of a Mail app.

4. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

yes there is many ways to activate the iphone without a sim card, all are fairly easy I've heard. Try doing a search.

5. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

Yes. I did it and love my use of the iPhone as a glorified iPod.

6. jlanuez macrumors 6502

External Speaker!

One of the small, by very important, features that will make it better than the iPod Touch is the external speaker.

It is so nice to watch a quick video or something and not have to put in the earbuds. Also, this makes it very nice to share music or video with someone else!

7. SimplyKen macrumors newbie

If it matters to you, the Touch is 8 mm thin and the iPhone is 11 mm.

8. kappaman210 macrumors newbie

That's what I plan on doing. The mail app is very important to me, as is the ability to add events in ical.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

I'm planning to just hack the iPhone as well as long as the next firmware update doesn't lock out these hacks.

10. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Trust me, the speaker on this thing sucks so bad you wont care about it after the first day.

Just get a touch.

11. briand05 macrumors 6502

As said before the speaker on the iPhone is just plain horrible, since you can barely hear it at full volume, it's just about absolutely useless. Has to be one of the worst external speakers I've ever seen on a phone, which is sad for a device like the iPhone.