Would like a clear case for my 4S... any help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tinca, Jul 24, 2012.

1. tinca macrumors member

Hi everyone :cool:

I am in the market for a clear case for my 4S, I love the colour and design of my phone and would like to keep it visible!

I currently have a cheap ebay one that does the job, but looks very unsightly on the back as it creates bubble effects (the case is hard rubber)

I have also tried a hard plastic one but it didn't have a lip round the front to stop accidental scratches when placed face down, it was also the style that didn't have a top of the phone or bottom. (I prefer holes being in place for headphones charger etc then just nothing.

People say i'm a mentalist because I care that much, but i think we have a few people on the forum that are just as particular as myself :D

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks! :apple:

2. NotYourCookies macrumors newbie

Hey!

I also like to protect my stuff best possible while still keeping the feel/ look of the products so you're not alone there ;) I found this although I don't think it's protective enough for your needs. But take a look: http://www.amazon.com/INCASE-Snap-Case-iPhone-Clear/dp/B0048MJ5IO . Incase is pretty good as of hearing, don't know myself though...

I think I found the perfect one for you: covering the entire phone, still transparent: http://www.iskin.com/iphone4/claro/#gallery .

Hope this helped (first post)!

Kind regards

3. AFDoc, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012

AFDoc macrumors 68030

4. Bussey87 macrumors newbie

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

6. Bussey87 macrumors newbie

I heard it gets dirty pretty fast and turns yellow.

7. tinca thread starter macrumors member

Firstly Thanks for all of your replies!

@Notyourcookies - I'm glad we both agree! and Welcome to the forum! (i've just joined myself after a long time lurking) The Incase Snap is just like the hard plastic one I had from ebay few months ago, I really would prefer to have holes for all the connections on my phone, whereas this one is the open end style on the bottom and top. However the iSkin Claro looks nice, shame about the angle design on the back though, would rather plain.

@AFDoc - The JustCase Clear has opened ends which i'd rather not have to be honest.

@Bussey87 - Cool looking case, but don't think I want Born In New York on the back. Plus it seem really thick.

@DJRansom - That is the one that I was looking at recently in an apple shop I think, definitely a contender, do you have this case?

Keep 'em coming :D

8. tinca thread starter macrumors member

Looks nice, but Ive had a very similar case in the past (cheap one off ebay) and that style is flush with the screen - would much prefer a lip

9. Devilicus macrumors newbie

I personally am a big fan of the Speck Gem Shell one; I've had mine for about 4 months and it's never yellowed or gotten dirty. However, as with all clear plastic cases, the back will show scratches after a while, but they're not the noticeable. I also used and liked the Griffin Reveal case (make sure not to get the white one though; rubber gets dirty real fast). Eventually ended up just going with an Apple bumper, which offers surprisingly decent protection (dropped it a couple times and no damage).

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Just put in an order for a Gemshell based on this review.

11. Nukemkb, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012

Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I love my Speck Gemshell. Yes, if I hold it at just the right angle, I can see scratches...but at most angles I see...
    [​IMG]

12. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I like my id America Ice case. doesn't scratch over time either

13. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I remember Speck made one called the Satin for iPhone 4 that was black and see through, but not for 4S.

14. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Not very 'Clear' though is it :rolleyes:

15. tkwolf macrumors 6502

For other things I can recommend the speck cases esp the fabcloth cases BUT NEVER THIS SPECK GEMSHELL CLEAR CASE...NEVER (with emphasis there).

First, it is very tight, and the sides are quite yellow and it turns even more yellowish in time. The back despite being clear, easily gets scratch that even after a couple of days it looks like a cheap, 8 month iphone case. It is very tough to take off, and while it is usually a good thing for cases, this one's almost impossible to take off.

16. tinca thread starter macrumors member

Went to apple store last weekend and tried the speck gemshell - definately not what I want.

Was way too bulky, seriously difficult to take on and off, and the sides look like they had mini cracks in them from the manufacturing process. Definately after something more sleek.

Since the ZUM gelle company dont want to email me back, I guess the search is on again :(

17. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

18. kyellowness macrumors regular

19. tinca thread starter macrumors member

Looks really nice, do you know if it has a lip on the front?

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

That case was NOT impossible to take off as I didn't experience that issue at all. Everything else I agree on.

21. MBPiPTiMiP4S macrumors member

MBPiPTiMiP4S

I cannot find this item on any american stores :confused: Where do they sel them at?

22. tinca thread starter macrumors member

Erm..

..Perfect this is exactly what I was after, just put an oder in for 10!

:rolleyes:

23. tinca thread starter macrumors member

Just ordered 10 of those as well. :rolleyes:

..Go spam your tat to people that aren't asking for clear case suggestions.

24. kyellowness macrumors regular

@ tinca: I have no idea but i posted link to the store so it should be there

@ SHAZAM!: if you go into their website and click WHERE TO BUY, it should be there for USA. If you cant buy it in an actual store, i think you can buy it online.