Would like an iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bweston92, Jul 21, 2012.

  1. Bweston92 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2012
    #1
    I really want an iMac to develop iPhone apps and just because they are so much better then Windows.

    Is it worth getting one yet or is there a new one due soon?


    Thanks.
     
  2. MacDawg macrumors P6

    MacDawg

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2004
    Location:
    "Between the Hedges"
    #2
    Nobody really knows, but rumors are there may be a refresh fairly soon

    If you need one now, buy... it is really a good machine
    If you can afford to wait a bit, then wait, it might be worth it
     
  3. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

    LeandrodaFL

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2011
    #3
    Wait friend, new iMacs are very likelly to be releasd with moutain lion in the next days.
     
  4. MacDawg macrumors P6

    MacDawg

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2004
    Location:
    "Between the Hedges"
    #4
    While this is possible according to rumors, we have been fooled and disappointed before
    Waiting is certainly a viable option
     
  5. RedCroissant Suspended

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2011
    #5
    Even though a new one might be released soon after you buy one(if that's the route you decide to take) I seriously doubt that you'll have any kind of buyer's remorse.

    I bought my early 2009 iMac less than 2 months before they updated to the 21.5" model and I still have it and love it. I've used it for iBooks, trying out Geek tool stuff, Virtualizing different OSes and using it as my main computer until February of this year when I got my MBP. Nothing has slowed down on my iMac, but I needed something smaller and more portable so that I could work while also watching my kids.

    If you really want one, get one. Or if you want one and want to save money by buying one that is still very capable and a previous generation; buy a refurbished one.
     
  6. jaguar451 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2002
    #6
    Given that Mountain Lion is due in July, I'd wait until its release just in case there are paired hardware updates.....
     

Share This Page