Would like some help with Transmission.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Girth, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Girth macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I hope I won't get my head chopped off for asking this ridiculously newbish question, but here goes. I'm new to the whole Torrent world, so I started reading a bit about it on some forums and found that most people just absolutely love using this app called Transmission. I downloaded it via http://transmission.en.softonic.com/mac. The file downloaded just fine, I just can't seem to find a search option. :eek: How can I search for files with Transmission in order for me to download them?

Thanks alot in advance!

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

There is no search function in Transmission. You have to find the torrent files yourself and then add them to Transmission.

Note: Filter /= Search.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Google...you can't really search in most Torrent apps. A simple Torrent app that allows this is XTorrent (unfortunately it costs money, and has no selective downloading or prioritizing)

5. Millwood macrumors regular

you have to find the torrents to download yourself. it's not like conventional p2p like a limewire. just search on google for "torrents" and search for what you want on those sites.

6. Girth thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys for taking the time to give me these helpful answers. I hope that someday I can be at service to someone on here as well. :)

7. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

you might also want to port forward so your Torrents arent crippled in speed.