Would Like To Know Cinebench R15 Score For New iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dgman, Feb 16, 2014.

  1. dgman macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2011
    Location:
    Tampa, FL
    #1
    I was searching on the internet to see how the new 27" iMac scored on Cinebench R15. I found several scores and youtube videos on the new Mac Pro and older iMacs. Nothing on the one I am contemplating buying. Would anyone have the latest iMac 27in to run a Cinebench score on. I am looking for one that has these selections (CPU ands GPU score):

    3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5


    I would appreciate knowing how this one did. I currently have a Mac Pro 2009 with a 4 core 2.93, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB. This Mac scored:

    Open GL 59.39
    CPU 483 cb


    I am trying to decide on the iMac as listed above, or the new Mac Pro. I don't use my mac for work, I use it as a hobby for Final Cut Pro X (I don't care for iMovie). I care about creating the best short films I can, love to learn as I go. But I don't care to wait 2 hours to render 10 min of 1080p video as I do on my current machine. I am also a photographer using Lightroom and Photoshop, as I have a passion for photography as well. (60% of my computer time Video/Photography and remaining 40% I game in bootcamp).
    I already have the 30in Cinema display so I can go either way iMac or Mac Pro. I would like to keep my purchase around $5,500 or so.

    I'd really like to know how much of an improvement the iMac would have over my current older Mac Pro.
     
  2. zeropointzero macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    #2
    my machine: late 2013 27" iMac I7 3.5, 32 gb ram, 780M video card, 1tb SSD

    Cinebench R15 scores

    OpenGL 87.17 fps

    CPU 700 cb
     
  3. IA64 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2013
    #3
    Core i7-4771 @ 3.9GHz locked - GTX 780M - 32GB CL9 1600Mhz - PCIe SSD


    Cinebench R15 64bit Windows 8.1 :

    152.46 FPS
    792 cb
     
  4. dgman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2011
    Location:
    Tampa, FL
    #4
    Thanks zeropointzero for the scores, this will help.
    IA64, how did you get 152 fps? Do you have 2 GTX 780M cards ?
     
  5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

    xraydoc

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2005
    Location:
    192.168.1.1
    #5
    He tested under Windows 8 with an overclock applied.
     
  6. IA64 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2013
    #6
    Actually it's not an overclock, I'm just pushing the CPU to remain in Turboboost mode using modded power configurations.

    Here's also a thread how to tweak your SSD http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1699002

    One thing worth mentioning, Windows 8.1 performance is better than Mavericks in every aspect. Even running in TurboBoost won't give you that much of difference ( maybe 5-10 FPS but not twice as much )

    Under Mavericks the FPS is locked to 60. Also the Nvidia Drivers for Windows are much more mature with plenty of configuration tweaks.

    Cheers.
     

Share This Page