Would like to stream from iPad 2/iPhone 4 to ps3.....!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by StuartMoore, Dec 20, 2011.

1. StuartMoore macrumors regular

Hey all.

I looked into apple tv, and thought there's no point really as I have a ps3 that could act as a media server. Only difference would be the mirroring of the iPad yeah!?

Is there a specific app that I can get on iOS devices to stream audio/video to my ps3!? Been searching on here, but can't find anything!? :-/

Thanks, Stuart.

2. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

I have not seen an app that will do that. You other option would be to mirror to your TV using a VGA or HDMI cable.

3. tucker3434 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Apple isn't going to allow an app like that for the exact reason that you won't buy atv if they did.

4. Send72nj macrumors newbie

Stream

Air stream works great for music. I don't think there are any other options,just music.

5. Panch0 macrumors 6502a

Check out Media Connect

If you buy the paid version, it is supposed to fill all of the DNLA/UPnP roles (including server). PS/3 will act as a DLNA receiver (I think). This isn't the same as AirPlay, but might fill your need. THis isn't going to help you with DRM content (iTunes purchased Movies & TV).

I have only used the free version, which only acts as a player, so I can't comment on how well the other functions work.

Really, the easiest solution is to just buy a refurb ATV2 and be done with it.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

As mentioned, there are a few DLNA apps on the app store that can connect to PS3.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

ATV is actually one of the things Apple priced really cheap for what it does. Just get one.

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

DLNA has just an awful interface.

As for the PS3 the photo slideshow has some funky thing when it shows a photo, after a few seconds it seems to blur it.

9. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

I wish atv would be developed more into something like this or at least bring apps to our TV.