Would MBP 15" Be Too Big For Uni?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rekhyt, Feb 28, 2011.

1. rekhyt macrumors 65816

Would the MBP 15" be too big for University? I currently have the 15" right now and will be off to University. I was wondering if the 15" would be too big for it. What factors do I need to consider when bringing to/using a computer/laptop at Uni?

2. articcine macrumors regular

Why would it be too big? It's up to you to decide, but as you ask, I guess you'll travel with it every day to uni? If you think it's too heavy, then it's too big, but some people will think it's just perfect. Can't wait to get the new 13" myself.

3. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

It's fine for Uni. I've been carting a 15" to and from Uni (4 hr total travel per day, car, train, walk) every day each semester for four years.

Get a nice backpack for it, and maybe a hard case too. I have a Belkin bag, and think it's great. I had a Targus bag before that, but found the bag was too big.

Unless you're OCD about small scratches and marks, I wouldn't bother with any permanent skins or protectors. You just want a hard case so if your bag is hit, dropped, kicked, etc, your MBP won't be harmed.

And obviously don't leave your computer/bag out of your sight, unless it's with a friend, and you expressly ask them to mind it.

4. MoreAwesomeDanU macrumors regular

MoreAwesomeDanU

it depends on what you are doing in university. If you are just taking notes and writing papers/research, get a macbook air cuz it will be so much easier to carry around the campus.