Would physical damage to an iPhone affect speaker volume?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kisskisskiss, Jan 5, 2008.

1. kisskisskiss macrumors newbie

So I have been absolutely terrible to my iPhone, and it shows; there are dents and scratches all over. Even on the glass (I could have sworn that it was impossible to get the screen to scratch but I guess after the first scratch the glass just... gave up or something because now my screen is covered in scratches). The hold and ringer switches are either caught, or loose, depending on the day; and through it all, mostly, the internals seem to have come out just fine.

Until now.

I think I may have dropped it one too many times because I could swear the speaker volume is about half what it used to be. When I make calls, I have to plug in my headset just to be able to hear voices on the other end of the line. (Oddly, I now have 5 bars all the time...)

Is this normal? Have I abused the poor thing too much? Should I take it into an Apple Store and see what they have to say?

2. Benjic macrumors regular

Do you hate iPhones or something?

Jesus Christ, get a case or something, you spent 400 dollars at least on it.

I treat mine like its the last one on earth.