Would returning possibly help my situation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michael CM1, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I've been debating returning/swapping my iPhone because it has been a lot of trouble. OK, we all know about the issue with the death grip. I definitely have it because I can stop a download in progress in iTunes by putting my finger in that spot. Since it stops and starts within 2 seconds of me doing that, I know I'm one of the affected ones.

But more troubling as time goes on is the proximity sensor. I was talking to my boss as he was out and about and all of a sudden FaceTime got activated. Later, I stopped hearing my mom because the Hold button had been hit. I owned an iPhone for a bit over a year and an iPhone 3GS for a year. I never had any of these problems.

I think I want to just try to switch phones, but eventually I may give up and get a 3GS and swap it out with my mom, who has my 32GB 3GS now. I do love the retina display, but this is getting to be crazy at times.

2. M77 macrumors newbie

To be honest, switching to another iPhone 4 will have the same issue with the antenna. It affects every one. As for sensor issues, Apple did say they were going to issue an update for this in the near future.

I'd say, if your return period is ending soon, maybe return it if you can live without it and the sensor is a huge deal for you. Then when they issue the update, you can buy it again and update it.