Eastern UK.Do you mean from one US coast to the other or from the USA to Europe/Africa/Asia/South America/Oceania?
As you would have to declare it at customs, it wouldn't be cheaper.
And it wouldn't be damaged during transport, unless it is carelessly packed.
The base cost (i.e. the amount you pay to the vendor) will be lower. Essentially you have the base US price ($1800 for the base 15'') instead of the UK price that includes UK VAT and some 10%-20% premium that Apple puts on the prices abroad.Eastern UK.
I could just buy one from near here but I don't have the money.
good explanationThe base cost (i.e. the amount you pay to the vendor) will be lower. Essentially you have the base US price ($1800 for the base 15'') instead of the UK price that includes UK VAT and some 10%-20% premium that Apple puts on the prices abroad.
To the base US price you have to add:
- shipping cost (depends on the vendor)
- UK VAT (unless you know a smart way how to avoid paying it - usually you will have to pay it when the product is delivered, and the postal service will collect the money)
- postal service fee to collect the VAT
- other possible fees for importing electronics
- foreign transaction fee on your credit card (1%-3% I would guess)
- a small loss on the exchange rate
Then, you will a) have to wait longer for the product, and b) have a very complicated return process in case there is a problem with the product.
UK price: 1549 pounds = $2450
US price: $1800
US price + tax (20%) + cc fee(2%) + $50 misc fees: $2250
Not sure if that's worth the hassle.
But then you can also get the VAT off of a purchase in the UK. Don't forget that the US prices do not include VAT!Considering I own a business I can get the VAT off I think.
I know shipping is around £45
No import duties on computers into the EU. Information taken from http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/taric_consultation.jsp?Lang=en8471 30
- Portable automatic data-processing machines, weighing not more than 10 kg, consisting of at least a central processing unit, a keyboard and a display
ERGA OMNES (ERGA OMNES)
Third country duty (01-01-2000 - ) : 0 %
Airworthiness tariff suspension (01-01-2008 - ) : 0 % (CD333)
All third countries (ALLTC)
Export authorization (Dual use) (27-08-2009 - ) (CD464) (DU216) (DU222) (DU223) (DU229) (DU435) (DU635)
ERGA OMNES (ERGA OMNES)
Supplementary unit (01-01-2008 - ) : p/st