Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
I run a 24" iMac 500GB 4GB 2.8GHz 2600HD Pro. Its the first Al iMac, and the highest spec at the time.

I read the requirements, my iMac meets them all accept OpenCL, would this, by any chance in anyway slow down my iMac?

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
I'm gonna say no. Your Mac won't be as fast as a Mac that can use OpenCL but your Mac will definitely be faster with Snow Leopard.

EDIT: Catfish Man beat me to it!

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Old iMacs. Not the recent (current) ones... At least, that's what Apple's saying right now, things could change with the final version.

Yea I mean 2007 isn't too old eh? I mean it was even the top end model at the time and already?

I gathered it would speed it up, just making sure. Thanks guys.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
hey man!! havent talked to you for aaagggeeeeeesss!!!

kinda in the same boat here, got a 2.8GHz iMac too. i am fairly certain that overall there will be a nice speed boost - mainly because the code has been more optimised and is more multi-core friendly.

fingers-crossed!

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
hey man!! havent talked to you for aaagggeeeeeesss!!!

kinda in the same boat here, got a 2.8GHz iMac too. i am fairly certain that overall there will be a nice speed boost - mainly because the code has been more optimised and is more multi-core friendly.

fingers-crossed!

Ya hopefully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.