would someone clarify this for me..

richardhurst

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
3 questions i need a quick answer to before i make an expensive mistake. These all relate to the Sony HDR-HC3

1.what format does it record standard def video in

2. what format does it record High Def in.

3. Does imovie hd regonize the camera ok, and will it accept both types of recorded video into it for editing and sending to idvd for burning.(i realize the high def stuff not burned in a blue ray etc will not come out high def quality)

I'm hoping to buy this camera tomorrow and don't want it to be a terrible mistake if it's not imovie regonized as thats my main concern. i don't want to be having to use other edit software to convert it into something imovie regonizes

really big thanks for all your help

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
richardhurst said:
3 questions i need a quick answer to before i make an expensive mistake. These all relate to the Sony HDR-HC3

1.what format does it record standard def video in

2. what format does it record High Def in.

3. Does imovie hd regonize the camera ok, and will it accept both types of recorded video into it for editing and sending to idvd for burning.(i realize the high def stuff not burned in a blue ray etc will not come out high def quality)

I'm hoping to buy this camera tomorrow and don't want it to be a terrible mistake if it's not imovie regonized as thats my main concern. i don't want to be having to use other edit software to convert it into something imovie regonizes

really big thanks for all your help
1. MiniDV
2. HDV
3. Not sure as I don't use iMovie.

Lethal

PegasusMedia

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
What he said...but here's a bit more...

2) HDV is in the 1080i flavor.

It will downconvert the HDV to DV for editing in SD.

Also have no clue if imovie can use it...imovie is garbage. Shell out the $250 for FCE. It's worth it.

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK