Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
I see that the Apple leather sleeve for the iPhone 12 mini is deeply discounted right now.
Does anybody know if it might fit the 13 mini? I know the thickness is only .3 mm more than 12 mini, but not sure if the 12 mini was already really snug, making the 13 too tight?

people

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2021
I've never even seen the sleeve in the wild. I would think it would work and I'd be willing to take the plunge and find out but all the deals I am seeing are on the brown sleeve (I'd like a black one).

I think the only potential issue is the the camera bump(it sticks out further right?). I imagine that's probably the least flexible portion of the sleeve. I'd bet on it working with the 13 barring some minor fitment issues.

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
I've never even seen the sleeve in the wild. I would think it would work and I'd be willing to take the plunge and find out but all the deals I am seeing are on the brown sleeve (I'd like a black one).

I think the only potential issue is the the camera bump(it sticks out further right?). I imagine that's probably the least flexible portion of the sleeve. I'd bet on it working with the 13 barring some minor fitment issues.

Thanks for the response! I was thinking similarly- the thickness of the phone itself likely won't be an issue, but that larger camera bump may not fit into the square on the case where it is supposed to sit.

I like to go caseless but use a sleeve to carry my phone so it is protected when out and about, avoiding scratches when it's in my pocket, backpack, etc. I am intrigued by this Apple one as I am sure it is top quality- the $129 price was an absolute turnoff, but now that it's down to $51 at Best Buy and on Amazon, it might be worth checking out. It can of course be returned within 14 days if it doesn't work.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
OP - did you end up getting? I'm in exact same boat with the 13 Pro Max. Leather sleeve is $50 on Amazon. I use my iphone caseless but want something to put it in when I throw in a backpack etc. For $50 seems worth the risk.

mikemj23

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
I ended up picking up the 12 Pro Max Leather Sleeve for my 13 PM for $50. Phone fits in the sleeve with no problem. I can see time through the little window. Happy with the pick up for my use case.

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
I ended up picking up the 12 Pro Max Leather Sleeve for my 13 PM for $50. Phone fits in the sleeve with no problem. I can see time through the little window. Happy with the pick up for my use case.
No fit issues? Any pictures?

jm31828

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 28, 2015
Bothell, Washington
OP - did you end up getting? I'm in exact same boat with the 13 Pro Max. Leather sleeve is $50 on Amazon. I use my iphone caseless but want something to put it in when I throw in a backpack etc. For $50 seems worth the risk.

I did order it, but for my 12 mini- I returned the 13 mini, buyer’s remorse as it wasn’t much different than my 12 mini.

Anyway, it arrives tomorrow so I am excited to see what it looks like. Not a bad price at $50!

Reactions: mikemj23

people

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2021
I just realized there is no way this sleeve will work with the 13. The ear speaker is shifted.
Is there a way to answer a call from inside the sleeve? I never understood the speaker hole to begin with because I didn't think it was possible to answer from the "time hole".

Jeff5i

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Is there a way to answer a call from inside the sleeve? I never understood the speaker hole to begin with because I didn't think it was possible to answer from the "time hole".

what is the cutout for above the time hole?

Kneebuhr

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2021
Chicago, IL
Has anyone attempted to use the iPhone 12 Pro apple sleeve with the iPhone 13 Pro? The Pro Maxes appear to have the same size camera cutouts, but the 13 Pro seems to have a much larger camera cut out than the 12 Pro.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Isn’t the camera on the 13PM much bigger so it wouldn’t fit snuggly in the raised bump of the leather sleeve for the 12PM?

Jackouil

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2022
No issue with fit at all.
Hi mikemj, thanks for the updates. Could you please confirm that you bought the original one? Like the one in the picture attached. I went to the apple store to try my iphone 13 pro max in but was not really “satisfied” or I would say still have some questions that apple genius wouldn’t be able to answer… maybe you could help as you already have the case?

1) As the guy at the store was fitting my phone into the 12 pm sleeve I noticed he was like forcing it into.. I wonder if this would damage the case with time or the phone if we need to force it in every time…

2) I’m not sure if the camera bump will fit 100% so my concern is, can the camera lenses or glass be damaged if the lenses doesn’t fit well in the bump? Or even if the phone needs to be “forced” in every time the phone is inserted can this squeeze the camera lenses or even the phone and damage them?

Thanks for your reply and update.

Attachments

• 462A9534-B46C-4823-8069-EBE291FA5625.jpeg
    462A9534-B46C-4823-8069-EBE291FA5625.jpeg
    313.8 KB · Views: 135

Jackouil

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2022
Thanks for the response! I was thinking similarly- the thickness of the phone itself likely won't be an issue, but that larger camera bump may not fit into the square on the case where it is supposed to sit.

I like to go caseless but use a sleeve to carry my phone so it is protected when out and about, avoiding scratches when it's in my pocket, backpack, etc. I am intrigued by this Apple one as I am sure it is top quality- the $129 price was an absolute turnoff, but now that it's down to $51 at Best Buy and on Amazon, it might be worth checking out. It can of course be returned within 14 days if it doesn't work.
Hi, do you think it’s an issue if it does not fit into the square on the case where it is supposed to sit? Can this for example damage the camera?

zachz

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2012
Super late response -- however, with Apple announcing their discontinuation of leather, I was able to pick up the leather sleeve for my iPhone 13 mini for.... $21CAD!

Just arrived, my iPhone 13 mini fits perfectly. The only thing is, Apple does not allow it to register the MagSafe accessory so I do not get a colored clock.

It's no big deal since the time fits the window anyway, and even with the little window, an iPhone 12 is unable to answer a phone call anyway so... the same!

Only slight difference I guess is the placement of the loudspeaker, which is slightly higher on the 13 mini

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.