Would The Demand For The 6+ be as Great if It Was More Available?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayinla, Sep 25, 2014.

1. jayinla macrumors regular

Just curious...not trying to start a flame war but is the 6+ popularity partly a product of the "I want what I can't have" theory? I know as a 6 owner I'm more interested in the 6+ then I should be because of the hype factor and its unavailability. Yes the 6+ has great specs but would the demand be as high if you could easily purchase it now?

2. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Yep. I think people going for the plus want something a little more radically different than what they had. I doubt that would change if there was more stock.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I think the demand would be about the same, but there wouldn't be as much talk about the 6+. We rarely here stories about everyone being able to find what they want easily. :)

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Agreed. It would be about the same. I'm sure there are some people who were drawn to the Plus because it was/is difficult to obtain but most people already knew what they wanted.

:apple:

5. HenryDJP macrumors 603

It has zero to do with wanting something people can't have due to short supply. The iPhone 6 was in high demand long before anyone had an idea of how many would be available at launch. It's definitely an amazing phone and the features it offers are extremely attractive over the 4.7" iPhone 6.

In regards to the first line of your post...why do people say that they are not trying to start a flame war? Apparently you have a pretty good idea your post would, so why create this thread?

6. Sonmi451 Suspended

Any intro to economics class will answer this question.

7. jayinla thread starter macrumors regular

Because my intention was to start a discussion, not rile people up or act like a "troll".

8. milhouse994 macrumors regular

I think the short supply means a lot of resellers or opertunistic people are buying as many 6 Pluses as they can. As a result it's nearly impossible to buy a 6 Plus from Apple stores in some markets. That is for sure affecting demand. With better supply there would be no market for resellers.

I'm not against people seeing a business opertunity and trying to make a few bucks, I am against them making it impossible to buy a phone.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Demand for the 6 vs. 6+ is 50:50, at least on this forum.

Obviously some got the 6 because they didn't want to wait for the 6+ whereas others returned the 6+ for the 6 once they discovered it was too much phone for them.

10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

So if people really wanted the Plus do you think they will return the 6 within 14 days and wait it out for the Plus?