Would the new MBA be able to...

Broph

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
New Zealand
Would the new MBA be able to run AutoCAD / 3Ds Max Design / Photoshop / Dreamweaver sweet as?

Stream HD movies to Apple TV sweet as?

Cheers,
Broph.

Broph

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
New Zealand
Yes, but with such a small resolution it would suck unless you have an external display.
Yeah, sorry forgot to mention it would be plugged in to an external display & just tucked under the desk or something.

My current laptop (4 years old) has a GeekBench score of 2600... Should I trust GeekBench scores to give me an indication of how all of these will run?

I.E. Since the new MBA is about 6000, should I expect quite a performance difference using these applications?

Comment

MarlboroLite

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
the 13 colonies
I would think so...I'm no expert on these things but it really does appear that today's Sandy Bridge CPUs are leaps and bounds ahead of anything from 4 years ago, including these low voltage chips--hell the 1.7Ghz i5 on the Air trounces the 3509 Geekbench score of my C2D 2.53Ghz Mid 2009 MBP with a 5860--that even surpasses the 2.67Ghz core i7 in the 2010 MBPs....

I think you should expect a massive improvement....

Comment

unknown mr T

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2009
I also really want to know... I have to use solidworks next year in college, this means I have to use boothcamp to run a 3D intensive program. Is there already someone with a new mba who has experience running a 3D intensive program with bootcamp? Would like to know if these new little beasts are capable enough ;)

Comment

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
The 2011 air is on par with the first gen I series processors. It shouldnt have a problem.

Comment