Would this be a problem ... ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asleep, Jan 13, 2011.

1. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

I'm on AT&T iphone now.

I open Verizon account, get a Ver-iPhone with new number.

I carry both accounts until June/July, when I'll choose one carrier over the other.

My question: If I choose Verizon in June/July & buy out of my AT&T service, will I have any problem transferring the phone number I've been using on AT&T to the Ver-iPhone I will have had for 6 months?

2. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

No you should not. Verizon says it might take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to transfer your number, but they will send you a free text message to your new ViPhone when your number is transferred so you know. You're going to love verizon though, there is 3G everywhere.

3. Xian Zhu Xuande macrumors 6502a

Xian Zhu Xuande

Porting a number over to Verizon when you open a line should not be a problem. I would call them to be certain if you want to port a number after a line has already been open for a while. As for carrying both to pick one over another, in all honesty, that's very wasteful. The dual accounts and any associated early termination fees are just a waste—unless you've got enough money you don't care.

Check with some other folks on Verizon to see how their signal works for you. Pick a carrier and go with them. In most areas you're not going to enjoy a night/day difference between them.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think you cannot transfer your phone number over an existing phone number, that is you can transfer your AT&T number to VZW but only as an additional line. You also cannot remove your original phone number from verizon without paying an ETF

5. asleep thread starter macrumors 68040

asleep

Aww, shoot. :(