Would this be a wise choice?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kawixsiyu, Mar 24, 2010.

  1. kawixsiyu macrumors member

    Feb 9, 2010
    Ventura, CA
    I am thinking of selling my late 2008 15" MBP refirb and getting the new 13" MBP when it comes out. My current MBP still has over 2 years left of apple care and the 9600m GT so I'm thinking of selling around $1300. I have no use for it since I only listen to music and browse the web and play Wow. The only thing I am worried about is resolution on the 13'. Is apple smart enough to give it a bump? Anyways, thanks for your input :D
  2. acslater017 macrumors 6502a

    Jul 25, 2006
    San Francisco Bay Area
    If you're not doing super intense stuff and you want a high-res screen, you could spend a few more bucks and get a 13" MacBook Air. The screen resolution goes all the way up to 1440 x 900, compared to the 13" MacBook Pro's 1280 x 800.
  3. acedickson macrumors 6502a


    Dec 6, 2004
    I hope they would up the resolution on the 13" with the next revision but we will have to wait and see. As for the value of your MBP it's not worth quite as much as you think. I would say $900-$1000 is probably more appropriate considering 2010 15" refurbs start around $1269.
  4. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502


    Jun 13, 2011
    Boulder, Colorado
    Better yet, buy a 13" for the price and a samsung LED flatscreen monitor for less than 200 bucks and have a huge screen to play on! :D still comes out to cost less than a 15" high res
  5. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

    Jan 29, 2011
    +1. Except I got a Dell Ultrasharp instead of a Samsung, although I do have 2 Samsung TVs and love them both. :)

Share This Page