Would this be covered on apple care.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zyr123, Aug 7, 2013.

1. zyr123 macrumors 6502

I have not drop my mac EVER. So that is out of the question. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Attached Files:

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

I'm not sure what you're asking about. I see 2 possible issues. One looks to be the finish peeling, the other looks to be the bottom cover not secured properly (maybe that's the surface it's on playing tricks with the eye).

If the finish is peeling and you have coverage they MAY replace it. They could argue it was exposed to something that caused it to happen and deny coverage based on "abuse" claims.

3. zyr123 thread starter macrumors 6502

The bottom cover looks off because I'm missing two screws. And yes the aluminum is peeling. If they give me problems and say its abuse. Do I have a shot of convincing them other wise or is this a hopeless cause

Thanks.

4. Mdwall macrumors member

I would wager that the decision might concern how the rest of the computer looks...

5. IndoX macrumors regular

Wear and tear that does not cause any performance/usability issues is not covered by AppleCare.

Even if they did it's not worth it. They are not going to give you a new computer. They'll replace the chassis which means you'll be out of a computer anywhere from 3-7 business days.