Would this iMac be worth the price?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by J&JPolangin, May 9, 2009.

1. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

I can get a NIB, 17" iMac for $476.

Its a white Intel 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo with the X1600 video card and I was thinking that would be just as good as using a Mac Mini for an HTPC server for my HDTV:confused:

I've been searching the apple site to try and find the rest of the spec's on this model but haven't had any luck so if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it...

Any advise would be appreciated.

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

That sounds like a pretty good price according to Mac2Sell.net it should be around $550 to $650 for a used one. Since your say this is new I would definitely go for it.

3. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Sounds like a great deal to me. It's not quite as shiny as the new Minis, but that iMac should suit your needs fine.

5. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I would jump on that. Sometimes using the display to stage your movie (or get it ready) will be handy. Go to every mac dot com for more specs.

6. J&JPolangin thread starter macrumors 68030

...well, I got a refund on the iMac as I found out it wasn't a NIB machine...someone had already rego'd it so I wasn't able to purchase applecare for it and I didn't want to risk it breaking "tomorrow" with no warranty...

7. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Whoops! Just saw your last post. Sorry to hear that. To be fair, that was a good price even for a used one.

8. J&JPolangin thread starter macrumors 68030

...I found out the reason it was returned, there were already iSight camera issues so who knows what else it might have had problems with... to me, not worth the "deal" and the risk.

9. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Some people are just too worried. I've had a bunch of computers without warranty and nothing's gone wrong with them.

Didn't see that last post.

10. J&JPolangin thread starter macrumors 68030

...believe me, I wanted it to be a good deal but realizing there were already issues with it once Apple informed me on the phone and the fact it was out of warranty I just didn't want to chance it...(not to mention that I already have my new 20" iMac and 4 winXP machines in the house)...