Would this make you exchange you Macbook for a 3rd time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rbk23, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Rbk23 macrumors regular

[​IMG]

I exchanged the first, a 13" to upgrade to a 15". As per my other thread, the 15" had a dead battery on arrival and had a 4 cycle account. So as per apple supports recommendation, I exchanged it. This one, the time is more yellow on the lower half of the screen. If I take it back again, will they think I'm crazy or would you return it if you screen was uneven like mine?

2. Kristine macrumors 6502a

If you are not happy, take it back for an exchange/refund.

In regards to the battery/cycle count, my new 15" rMBP had two cycles out of the box.

3. Rbk23 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I think I will first try and compare it to the one I returned, if it looks good, I will exchange for it. If not I will try and get a new one. I feel bad exchanging this many, but if I am paying over 2k I wanna be at least 90% satisfied.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you can demonstrate that the display is uneven, then I'd not worry about exchanging it again.

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

If you're unhappy with it, bring it in again and don't worry about what they think.

6. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

If the yellowing is visible with bare eyes, you should have no problem exchanging.

Just in case your replacement has an empty battery too: new batteries have cycles, and can be drained out of box.

7. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

If it bothers you, exchange it. You are paying a lot of money for this machine and if it isn't acceptable to you, then you shouldn't have to settle.

8. Rbk23 thread starter macrumors regular

Same issue on the exchange. it's more left to right. i.e.. the white bars on each side of this page are a different tint.

I guess I will try to live with it, because I don't want to go through with a 5th exchange. I tested some of the ones in the store, and they appeared to have at least some form of uniformity issues.

For those who had uniformity issues, did you eventually stop noticing?

9. Rbk23 thread starter macrumors regular

After I exchange, does my return period start over again at 14 days, or does it still go buy the purchase date of my original ?