Would this plan work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigerfan1988, Jun 22, 2010.

1. tigerfan1988 macrumors member

In light of AT&T's announcement/screwing of customers, I will be without an iPhone come Thursday. I sold my iPhone 3G on eBay with the promise of shipping it on the 24th to the new owner, and had planned on going to AT&T early Thursday to stand in line for a new one. Despite trying most of Tuesday, I was not able to pre-order online.

Basically, I'm screwed. There are no close Apple stores around here, Radioshack took my name down but I doubt they'll have an extra one besides preorders, and I already know Walmart is only getting maybe 5 iPhones. I live in a town of 15,000, and I won't be able to get to the store until 5am at the earliest. So I'm assuming I will not get an iPhone 4 on Thursday.

I use my iPhone A LOT and really cannot be without it for any length of time. I know AT&T has a 30-day return policy, so I was wondering if it would work to buy an iPhone 3GS, use it until they get an iPhone 4 in, and then exchange it for an iPhone 4? Or would they not allow that?

2. guru_ck macrumors 6502

Just buy a cheap GoPhone or something. Better yet find a friend/family member who has an older phone laying around that you can use until you get the iPhone 4.

3. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I wouldn't but the 3GS to use, I would find an old phone if you had to. The restocking fee isn't worth it. But Walmart isn't starting to sell the iPhone 4 until 8am. So if could get there at 5am, I'm thinking you'd be fine. Worth a shot.