Would this provide adequate drop protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by xTRIGGER092x, Oct 22, 2011.

1. xTRIGGER092x macrumors regular

2. hizzaah macrumors 6502

those SGP skin guards are pretty cool looking, might have to pick up on e for myself!

as for the bumper, I dont recommend it at all. I had my iphone for approx 6mo's in the otter box commmuter case and it was perfect. dropped a few times on various floor types, even sat outside a tent in the rain for a bit (long story lol). It's wifi chip started goin out so apple replaced it and i picked up a bumper. it slipped out of my hand on the concrete later that day and the bumper offered little protection. the concrete just split the rubber around the plastic and chipped a side of my screen :/ it's been in the commuter case ever since.

It also lived covered in Zagg Invisible Shield. I originally used the full coverage with the little strips for the sides, but those became annoying and started coming off from the used of a case. their warranty is great, i've replaced it several times. getting another for my 4S.

3. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

IMHO, no. The bumpers are more for antenna separation from your hand that real protection from drops. The skin offers zero drop protection. It just protects from scratches. For drop protection you are going to have to get an actual case. A $5 TPU case from eBay will provide more drop protection than the $50 combo you are looking at.

4. MayBee macrumors 6502

no way...

iphone 4 has glass.

imagine holding a glass cup and drop it...you'll see the result...

all the cases/protection only minimize the damage that's all. Instead of being in hundred of little pieces, it'll have a crack line here and there...and probably something broken inside. I had a $100 case in my previous iPhone..and it created a crack line on the front side...

5. Bettz1 macrumors regular

I had a Bumper and a SGP Skin Guard (Carbon) on my iPhone 4 i dropped it a few times and no damage :cool: