Would this RAM work in my macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Volcom guy992, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Volcom guy992 macrumors newbie

Hey I want to upgrade the RAM in my macbook but not 100% sure if it will work and dont want to waste my time. Anyways this is the RAM I want to get

Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Memory for Apple Notebook

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134372

and this is the type of macbook I have and what the apple site recommends

http://store.apple.com/us/memorymodel/ME_13_1_83_MB_G2

Now I am fairly certain it will work but I figure I should ask people who know what they are doing if it will work for sure. Thanks for any help I get.

If this helps here ya go:
    [​IMG]

2. Volcom guy992 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the quick reply I was holding off cause I didn't want it to not work then return it and blah blah blah lol again thanks

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Try this. It's a few bucks cheaper and is in stock. You don't need memory labeled "for Mac"

4. Volcom guy992 thread starter macrumors newbie

Why thank you, savin me some money and even more time :D I am not to sure when it comes to stuff like this so thanks a lot.

5. kensteele macrumors newbie

Few days later and it's all gone, out of stock. Any other good suggestions/alternatives?

6. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

Kingston "KTR" DDR3 memories are reported to work with Macs; Kingston "KVR" (value series) are reported not to work.

I've bought 2x4GB unbranded "apple-validated" memories in Ebay from a 10K+ seller and they're still working fine for 6 months.

I have OWC 2x2GB memories and they work well too.