Would this save my Ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Remsteady, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Remsteady macrumors newbie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Screen-Digi...JC9Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346877241&sr=8-2

So what happened was my Ipod was in my bag and got wet from a water bottle this summer. So I turned it off and let it dry in the sun for a bit. then when I turned it on it was working fine but the screen is really dark but you can see icons and apps functioning in a bright light :eek:

After doing some research it's to do with the digtaliser ( :confused: ), so then I found the product (up above :rolleyes: ) which can replace it saving me $$$ xD .

Is there any other possible problem of which the product above would not fix?

Thanks in advance :)

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

The digitiser only registers input from your fingers, it's not related to the display. It sounds like the LCD backlight is gone, I doubt you can replace just the backlight so have a look for an LCD assembly.

3. Remsteady thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh ok just me being stupid then thank you so much for your help :D

4. AT101ET macrumors 6502

Even if that would fix your fault, you'd have to be careful. There are plenty of small cables that if you accidentally loosen or detach/cut, your iPod will be completely unusable.

5. Remsteady, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

Remsteady thread starter macrumors newbie

I replaced the LCD screen completely... but the screen is still dark... :(

It,s currently without a glass cover + digitiliser. But the LCD Screen is on