Would this work - early upgrade question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Missjenna, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Missjenna, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010

Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I have an iPhone 3G that I bought in may, and I am not due for my upgrade until the end of April 2011.

I'm going to have some extra money next month and was curious if it was possible to early upgrade to the iPhone 4 so soon? Next month would be more convienent for me since I will have the extra money, even though I have to pay the extra money for the early upgrade price.

I know I should have just waited and got the iPhone 4 in June, but I couldn't deal with my At&t quickfire any longer.

2. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

Tip: title your thread with something relevant to the contents. "Would this work?" could apply to an AT&T early upgrade, a hard drive swap, an Angry Birds cheat code, a cookie recipe, instructions on making an IED, or a tantric yoga position. Just saying.

That said, I'd just check your account online next month, and if the results aren't what you like, go talk to an AT&T salesperson. Frankly, you will get a dozen different answers around here regarding people's upgrade experiences.

Good luck.

3. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

If I were you, I would take my upgrade in April/May 2011 and sit on it for one to two months and then be fully upgrade eligible for the iPhone 5 or whatever is released in June/July 2011.

YMMV.

4. Missjenna thread starter macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

I actually not interested in getting the new iPhone thats due this summer. I don't have a credit card to preorder, and my Att store said they had a hard time keeping the iPhone in stock until September, because they kept selling out as soon as they got more in.