Would this work for the Verizon iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mr. Incredible, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

My girlfriend just bought an iPhone 4 for Verizon, and she wants this bumper:

http://www.sgpstore.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-4/sgp-iphone-4-case-neo-hybrid-ex-series.html

The SGP Neo Hybrid Ex, my question is, will it fit?

Does anyone use this bumper for the Verizon iPhone 4?

I did email SGP and they said it will be in stock in 4-6 weeks, but I don't think she (or me) can wait that long.

If anyone does use an SGP Neo Hybrid Ex bumper for their Verizon iPhone 4, can you please post pictures of it, so I can see what it looks like on the phone.

Thanks.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. jeremy3721 macrumors regular

I have the SGP bumper on my Verizon iPhone 4 and it fits fine. The mute switch is not dead center in the intended cutout but it does fit. I debated this for a week or so before ordering and I'm glad I went ahead and did it.

I'll try to grab a photo later.

4. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you so much Jeremy. Do you think you can post one up tonight? I basically plan to order tonight, but I want to see what it looks like before I do it.

What color did you get by the way? I'm planning on getting her the Dante Red, and the Reventon Yellow for me.

5. jeremy3721 macrumors regular

I was able to grab a quick photo. I'm pretty particular when it comes to things fitting correctly but even though the switch isn't centered it doesn't bother me. It fits fine and actually has a little bit of clearance so it doesn't rub up against the case or anything like that.

I purchased the silver because it mimics the actual look of the iPhone although I do have my eye on some of the other colors so I may pickup an extra casing to swap out from time to time. Never would have thought I'd like the yellow but it looks nice in other photos I have seen. I like the gunmetal too.

By the way, I ordered through Amazon and got the case in two days (from Cal to Florida) be selecting the express shipping options for about $4.50 extra. Standard shipping is free.

[​IMG]

6. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Here is my SGP Neo Hybrid EX series case (at&t version) on my iphone 4 with Verizon and I have a full carbon skin wrap also... I ordered this case two weeks before the iphone 4 was pre-released in hopes it would fit so far its great. The only thing I did was drill the headphone cutout open bigger cause all my jacks wouldnt fit other then that nice clean look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jeremy: It looks fine, I think that it MIGHT bother me at first but I'm sure I'll get over it. As long as it fits.

It's a tight fit, right? Also, are you experiencing that antennagate problem or did the case resolve it?

Can you take some more photos of it in different angles? I know that you mentioned the vibrate switch doesn't rub up against the case, but what about the volume rockers? It does seem a bit close to it.

Onthelo: Nice set up you got there. Why did you drill the headphone cutout? Was the standard earbuds (the ones that come with the iPhone) not fitting properly, or were you using a different pair?

I'm thinking of someday getting some Over the Ear headphones with noise cancellation, something that basically "turns off" the noise around me, and the music is all i hear, and it sounds perfect, even when low volumes.

8. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Here is a photo of my yellow one without the rubber so you can see how the buttons line up

[​IMG]

9. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

abs. no signal issues with mine. It fits very tight with the carbon skin underneath but without the skin it fit perfect better than the apple bumper imo more solid on the sides and the silicone stay clean and slides in and out of your pocket easy..imo

10. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm diggin the yellow, I'm planning on getting the yellow for myself also.

So, with a skin, its a very tight fit? But with a skin and the rubber, it fits much better than the bumper that apple offers, right?

i've read reviews that the apple bumper causes scratches and it isn't a tight fit, but somewhat loose.

But when it comes to this bumper, its a nice tight fit, right? And no signal issues?

Perfect!

11. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Yes the bumper fits very snug much better then the apple bumper IMO.. What I was saying is that if you have a full wrP skin like I do when you go to put the outer band around the phone it is very tight to get it over the silicone because of the extra thickness of the side skin. If you do a YouTube search you will see how snug it fits when guys are installing it check out Larry green bergs review he's really good and I watch all his videos. Overall good case no signal loss I give it an 8 cause of the poor headphone cutout and at this moment poor customer service response to emails other than that good case for the money