Would this work? imac power mngmnt file...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by alienx, Nov 27, 2007.

1. alienx macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a flat 15 imac 800mhz, the power savings settings (the part that turns off the monitor (and also wake up from sleep)) are broken on Leopard 10.5.1 (as we all know) -btw, everything else works very nicely-... so I was thinking since these 2 options worked perfectly under Tiger... what about if I take the file
    Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist file
    and replace it on Leopard?
    I have a backup image I did before I installed Leopard of Tiger 10.4.10 that It can get the file from. I am a noob on Mac but do you guys think that this would work? this file should have the correct settings correct?

Any ideas/suggestions?
    thanks
    alienx

2. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

Nope the file from tiger won't work and could actually cause some issues.

Try dumping the file under leopard do a restart and see if the problem persists. I have found dumping of some prefs has actually solved some issues for me.

Also did you do a clean install or upgrade install of leopard?

The downloaded standalone 10.5.1 update has fixed some issues I was having also.

3. alienx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, just checking out of curiosity..
    I did a complete clean install and did the upgrade to 10.5.1... I read some people have the same problem with this specific machine, like a said it works perfectly and it seems even faster than Tiger except for those 2 small items, leaving a screensaver takes care of it for now, I like the option of been able to put the monitor to sleep adn prolong its life. I will try deleting the file tonight and see what happens. Thanks so much for your time.

alienx