Would this work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ashenfang, Nov 5, 2014.

1. ashenfang macrumors member

Haven't had this type of situation yet so.....Im curious if my way of thinking on this would work.

After much delay and screw up on Verizon's part, my wife's Iphone 6+ 64GB finally came last weekend. And........she doesn't like it.....too big. She tried it for a couple days and with her small hands, and having a new baby, doesn't like being able to not one hand it. She would rather have the smaller Iphone 6.

My options are.

1. Call Verizon, set up return for the 6 plus and then place and exchange order for a regular 6. Problem is, looking at 3-7 day wait for the returned phone to process and then new order to process.......this would make it end of November or early december for new phone to arrive. (No Verizon stores around me have iphone 6 stock, otherwise I would do the exchange locally.) Although, ironically, Bestbuy has gobs of stock in both. :rolleyes:

2. Phone was purchased on new line contract for $399.99. I could sell the phone for ~$900 on ebay or other related site. Cancel the new line and pay $375 fee. Then go to bestbuy and purchase a Iphone 6 on contract again.

Not sure what to do......

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

2. Seems like it would be the quickest.

3. You could post on Craigslist that you want to swap your 6+ for a 6 and cash.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The cleanest option is to return it to VZW, reset your subsidy and get an IP6. You may be able to do that in one visit, i.e., exchange the plus for a IP6

4. ashenfang thread starter macrumors member

That I certainly agree with. I wish places like Bestbuy, who are authorized Verizon agents, had the ability to do the exchage I am looking for. But i doubt they can and with Verizon not having any local stock, I would be forced to do it via mail in and customer service.