Would this work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMacUser324, Jun 23, 2008.

1. iMacUser324 macrumors regular

iMacUser324

OK, i have a friend whos iphone doesnt work but can turn on its just the sleep/wake button is jammed in. She switched the sim card from the iphone to a other phone without changing plans. Now, can I get my sim card and activate it with her iphone, then just put it back in my blackberry till iphone 3g comes out?

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Can you give a little bit more information, such as which carrier you are with (I am assuming AT&T).

3. iMacUser324 thread starter macrumors regular

iMacUser324

yeah i used to have a iphone but i sold it and renewed my contact and got a blackberry curve. My friend has a iphone that is not working but will work if connected to a computer. I can put my sim in it and reactivate it. She used to use but all she did once it broke was take her sim out and put it in a older phone meaning she still has the iphone plan on her account and allowing her to upgrade to the 3g iphone. My question is if i get her iphone and reactivate it with my sim will i become elegible.

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Okay I see what you mean. That's a really good question that I'm unsure of. I wonder if they (AT&T) will notice an iPhone registered to two separate active users will raise an alarm. I'm thinking your plan should work because it is no different than those who sold their iPhone's and have a different owner, but still have their plan active so that they are eligible for the iPhone 3G. Thoughts?

Could someone currently doing this leave a reply?

5. iMacUser324 thread starter macrumors regular

iMacUser324

yeah if anyone has done this please let me know, how soon you did it and if u online account says your elegible.

6. saxamoophone macrumors regular

good question! I was hoping to find a friend that was upgrading and borrow their old iPhone for about 5 minutes =)