would u trade your iphone 4???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mlee19841, Mar 17, 2011.

1. mlee19841 macrumors newbie

i posted this same thread on a droid site, just to see the comments. So i have a apple iphone 4 through Verizon. its a 16 gb i got it on the pre release date. i only paid 200 dollars for it, would u trade it for a mint droid x and 175 cash?? please don't jump all over me to fast just one at a time ha. seriously though im on the fence about switching, i like the whole widget thing on the droid devices. also the notification system is real good, but the thing that gets me stuck on the iphone is the gaming aspect of it. what would u do in my shoes i just want some insight to it. i know its about what u want your phone to do but just asking around thats all .

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I would do exactly what I wanted to do, and I really wouldn't care what someone else wanted to do. No one can make your decision for you.

3. comper macrumors member

If you haven't already, go and mess around with the droid x at Verizon or best buy and see if you really like it. I must say, the iPhone 4 screen has spoiled me, my dads droid x has washed out colors and it's very noticeable in my opinion. The closest screen to the iPhone Ive used is on the samsung fascinate which I sold for an iPhone 4. I haven't looked back at all. I like my iPhone 4 more than the og droid, droid x, evo, and fascinate. I have extensively used each of them (owned the og droid and fascinate, dad has droid x and my good friend has an evo).

Overall, it's just personal preference. The notifications in android are much better. Messing with rooting and custom roms is fun. But when it comes down to it, I prefer the hardware, internal and external, iOS, app store and general functionality of the iPhone over the other devices listed. You might have a different opinion and the only way you can know is if you try them out yourself.

4. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

The only thing I'd trade my iPhone 4 for is an iPhone 5. I'm happy with my phone, it does what I need and I don't think any competitors can match what I want from a phone.

Don't get me wrong if Apple start making rubbish phones, I'm off the bandwagon. But for now I'm happy.

If the Droid full fills your needs then get that.

5. mizvalorie macrumors member

+1

I wouldn't trade mine for any other phone on the market. I love it.

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I would trade my iP4 for an iP5 nothing else will do, especially Android.

7. Howdr macrumors regular

Howdr

8. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed. The iPhone 4 is becoming old technology in about 3 months anyway.

9. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Do what you want. We can't make the decision for you.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    I would only get rid of my i4 for the next iphone.
    Nothing less.

11. ozred macrumors 6502

I'd trade my iPhone for a well sorted out iPhone 5 with a minimum screen size of 4.0"

An iPhone 5 that works as advertised would go a long ways to restoring my trust in Apple. I still have loads of respect for the design & engineering groups, it's the other choices that concern me. Especially now that Apple is THE consumer electronics company.

12. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Me too. Especially since iOS five is right around the corner.

13. vistadude macrumors 65816

If i were bored with the iphone 4, I'd consider trading it in for something else, like a samsung galaxy or windows phone 7 device, but not the droid X because it's too big and the skype app is crippled.

14. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It all depends on how much you want the things you mentioned OP. For me, the answer is no. I like how the iPhone integrates with my iMac, MBP, and my wife's iPhone.

16. JohnBossu macrumors member

no, never for an android, even if some cash is included. my iphone will only be traded with the newer version of iphone.

17. knux11 macrumors regular

sounds like a buncha fanboys in here, not surprising though.

Maybe OP is looking for other things to consider that maybe he hasn't thought of? Instead of just saying "no one can make the choice for you", maybe give him some things to think about?

Have you ever used ANY android phone for more than a few minutes? find a way to use one for a good week or 2. You won't want a droid x anymore.

1. Do u dislike Apple's keyboard at all? Android's is much, much worse.
    2. Do u know what a force close is? U will with a Droid.
    3. Like gaming? Like it a lot less with a Droid.
    4. Like doing battery pulls? Then you'll LOVE a droid.

If you're gonna get an android phone, the droid x isn't even a good example.

I LOVE android's widgets. Actually made twitter and facebook useful to me. but that's about it. I'll get a WP7 phone (best onscreen kb on the market) before I get another android phone.

If iOS gets widgets (or something similar) then I'd have no gripes with iPhones. Well that, and give US consumers the option of buying phones w/o carrier locks.

18. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Sounds to me like you need to jailbreak. A jailbreak can give you most of the things you're talking about.

19. Savor Suspended

Savor

It depends on how happy you are with iPhone 4 and how happy you are going to be with Android.

If only gaming is what keeps you locked in with iOS, this is what I would do...

Accept the trade! You are getting a mint Droid X and $175 cash right? Use the $175 for an Sony Ericsson Xperia Play which will be Verizon-bound. Then sell off the Droid X. Just expect PS1 games in the beginning. The deal is interesting because you are getting a phone released from last July + cash. If it was only a phone swap, I wouldn't consider it even if the iPhone 4 has technically been out a few weeks longer than a Droid X. But the cash makes me think about it. Even if you don't want the Xperia Play because you don't have the eligibility, you can always use some of the cash for a $250 Nintendo 3DS or save it up for a Sony NGP.

20. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

You're on an Apple forum. What kind of answer were you expecting?

21. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'll keep it short and sweet - absolutely not.

22. Savor Suspended

Savor

If you get the Droid X, make sure to download the Wii-mote app and grab a Wii-mote. iPhones can do this via jailbreak, but Droid X users benefits from the bigger screen and the fact the Android Market openly supports emulators.

iOS still have the best quality apps and games at this point. But 90% of the games are crap anyway. Mostly gimmicky and shallow with a hollow feeling of accomplishments. I even stopped playing Angry Birds because how frustrating it is with very little rewards. Mobile games are like late 70's through early 80's Atari arcade games with modern graphics. I get more fun beating Super Mario Bros 3 for the 100th time than playing 90% of iPhone games.

www.androidcentral.com/wii-remote-droid-x-mario-3-best-mobile-gaming-platform-ever