Would you be getting Apple Care for MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by igrushca, Jun 6, 2007.

1. igrushca macrumors newbie

Hey guys!
    Would you be getting Apple Care for the new Mac Book Pro?
    My friend had apple care with his iBookG4 -- and he had no problems over 3 years.. and it was dropped, dropped, dropped and dropped more..

than he got a macbook..
    and than it all began -- the trackpad started lagging, mouse button on the laptop fell in, and didnt click -- it makes me wondering -- since apple is doing mass production (compared to ibooks) and they make flimzy stuff..
    is getting apple care a good idea..
    have you ever used it?

thanks
    Andrew

2. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Without a doubt. No questions asked. Most definately. Absolutely necessary.

Hickman

3. igrushca thread starter macrumors newbie

that was fast!
    Thanks!
    then "Without a doubt. No questions asked. Most definately. Absolutely necessary" that is for me too :)

4. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Andrew, if you can afford it buy it.

I've always had it but never used it (knocks on wood), but it's very reassuring to have. If your logic board blows after a year it'll cost a small fortune to repair.

5. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

Purchasing AppleCare from Apple is über-expensive. LA Computer Company has Macbook Pro AppleCare for $239, Provantage has it for $255 and SmallDog for $329.

I found my Mac Pro AppleCare on eBay for $99 shipped, but it's definitely a case of caveat emptor (the seller I bought from was named "checkmark2015" -- very good experience). For MPB AppleCare, search eBay for MA515LL/A.