Would you buy a Macbook 17" today or wait some more??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by unicone, Apr 13, 2007.

  1. unicone macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2002
    Location:
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #1
    Lost of people would just respond......."dude if you need one then just buy it now :)"

    ...point taken, would you buy one now or wait some more if your hard saved money were to be spent today on a portable 17 inch MacBook Pro???
     
  2. kiang macrumors regular

    kiang

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2007
    #2
    it WILL be updated soon: at NAB or WWDC that is, so save your money.
    and if you can even wait longer, wait for leopard, that's what I'm doing.
     
  3. Vidd macrumors 6502a

    Vidd

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2006
    #3
    If I was buying such an expensive machine there's no way that I'd purchase one right now unless my income depended on it.

    I personally think the resolution's good but the rumor of an even higher definition one would worry me.
    Even worse, the chance of an upgrade relatively soon is quite high!

    EDIT: I just noticed that you're previous post was about 10.2.1. Wow.
     
  4. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

    dornoforpyros

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2004
    Location:
    Calgary, AB
    #4
    I would buy today rather than wait up to 6 months for an update.
     
  5. dojinsung macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2007
    #5
    im gonna wait til Santa Rosa comes out on the MBP, and purchase it with the Student Developers Hardware Discount. That way, when Leopard comes out in Oct, i'll get it for free. Now the question is if the Santa Rosa upgrade going to be pushed back as well?
     
  6. roland.g macrumors 603

    roland.g

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2005
    Location:
    One mile up and soaring
    #6
    how many threads. look at the list before you post a new thread. And it's 17" MacBook Pro. The MacBook only comes in one size.
     
  7. unicone thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2002
    Location:
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #7
    Sorry

    Sorry, Won't happen again :)
     
  8. siurpeeman macrumors 603

    siurpeeman

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    the OC
    #8
    i'd wait for the next batch of releases. software can always be upgraded; hardware can't.
     
  9. airfang macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2007
    #9
    FYI, I just ordered a 17 MBP yesterday...
     

Share This Page