Would you buy a refurbished Airport Express?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by xkmxkmxlmx, Aug 10, 2011.

1. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

And what would be the possible drawbacks if any?

2. danny_w macrumors 601

I bought one several years ago and have not had any significant problems other than the normal cussedness of the device that others have ranted about all over the place. Getting Airport Utility to see it is sometimes frustrating, but once it does all is fine. I have had far more issues with my Airport Extreme which I bought from Craigslist, and will probably be replacing soon. I have an Express connected by wire to an AT&T U-verse router/modem, and an Extreme extending that network to the rest of the house and providing wired connections for my home theater; my iMac is upstairs and connects wirelessly, usually with no real problems. I would very much like to simplify to just the Extreme but I need to get internet to it somehow (changing to Time Warner might be the way to go since there is a cable jack by the tv).

3. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

The only drawback is that, if it's anything like their computers, you don't get the super-pretty original box--you get a less exciting brown cardboard box (if they still do what they used to do with Macs) or perhaps a slightly prettier white box that looks only slightly less exiting than the original (as happened with my iPod a couple years ago). :)

Seriously, they're inspected (perhaps even more than originals) and come with the exact same warranty, so I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one at all. The discount is, of course, an added bonus.