Would you buy an iPhone 7 Plus now of prices right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevjen888, Sep 20, 2017.

  1. kevjen888 macrumors 6502a

    Jul 13, 2008
    The long wait for X had me looking at the used 7+ market in my area. Found a Verizon model A1661 Product Red 7+ 128 G for $500, in excellent condition. Owners getting an 8+ this Friday. Should I jump on it? My 6S+ battery is dying, the potential availability and first year glitches of the X scare me a bit, a cheap 7+ for now then jump to the 2nd year X would not be a bad idea. What do you guys think?
  2. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

    Oct 15, 2008
    Northeast USA
    7 plus is a great phone. for $500 I don't think you can go wrong.
  3. cleebrown93 macrumors regular

    Oct 15, 2015
    Yes I would. 7 Plus is still an awesome device. Fast and great camera. And the Product Red was discontinued so you can’t get it from Apple anymore.
  4. bufffilm Suspended


    May 3, 2011
    I would just pay to have the battery replaced.

    Wouldn't buy the ip7 or the ip8.
  5. akash.nu macrumors 604


    May 26, 2016
    Either this or if you really want a new phone then just buy it. I’m looking for one as well. I’m on 6 at the moment.
  6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

    Relentless Power

    Jul 12, 2016
    Absolutely it is. I know some think it's not much of an upgrade from the 6S, but with the stereo speakers, dual camera and excellent battery life with a 7+, those features alone are worth it for me.
  7. Jetcat3 macrumors 6502a

    May 3, 2015
    I actually think the upgrade from the 6S Plus to the 7 Plus is quite substantial. If you really want to upgrade now I would say do it. Can’t go wrong for a red 7 Plus at $500.
  8. oneMadRssn macrumors 601


    Sep 8, 2011
    New England
  9. kevjen888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jul 13, 2008
    Yep especially the Verizon model which is unlocked worldwide. I’m doing it lol
  10. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

    Sep 22, 2013
    New York
    I would personally not spend more than $400 on any used smartphone. I'd rather buy a new one if I can. You're also buying a used phone and you don't know what the performance of that battery is. I would replace the 6S+ battery and save the $500 for next year's iPhone X.
  11. kevjen888 thread starter macrumors 6502a

    Jul 13, 2008
    Haha. I changed my mind. Will wait for the X instead. Next 37 days gonna drive me crazy lol.
  12. noobinator macrumors 603


    Jun 19, 2009
    Pasadena, CA
  13. rugmankc Contributor


    Sep 24, 2014
    I just wasted my time reading 12 posts and being dumb enough to waste more on this post---:eek:
  14. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

    Relentless Power

    Jul 12, 2016
    Could be potentially longer than 37 days depending on when you actually receive the iPhone X.

Share This Page

13 September 20, 2017