Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
I don't see anything that immediatly stands out as looking not safe, and the seller has 100% positivee feedback. What was making you nervous?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
I am actually looking for some Crucial ram, so I found this guy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crucial-4GB-kit...ryZ80202QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

He is quite a bit cheaper than Crucial.com and OWC for what seems to be the same thing, but I am not sure if it is as safe as it seems. Would you guys trust such a seller?

Eh? US$299 is not cheaper than $219, $230 or $249 (OWC, DMS and OWC Samsung). Why would you risk an essentially anonymous eBay seller selling Crucial Dell RAM over a reputable Mac supporting dealer?

Not understanding this.

Also: If you receive problem RAM, this eBay seller says: "deal with Crucial yourself".

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
Eh? US$299 is not cheaper than $219, $230 or $249 (OWC, DMS and OWC Samsung). Why would you risk an essentially anonymous eBay seller selling Crucial Dell RAM over a reputable Mac supporting dealer?

Not understanding this.

Also: If you receive problem RAM, this eBay seller says: "deal with Crucial yourself".

The trouble is for OWC a single stick of crucial ram costs $199, which would put them at about $100 more than this guy if you are getting a pair of them.

Ironically OWC costs more than Crucial, although OWC supposedly has better service.

tullys

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2007
Lowlands of Hampshire
Recently I bought a 2GB San Disk MicroSD card from Ebay, excellent feedback on the seller's profile, and a reasonable but not unusually cheap price etc etc. Card Arrived in sealed packaging, with SanDisk look-n-feel F-Fwd 8 weeks the card dies (like a parrot) and the Ebay refers me to San Disk.

San Disk report "it's not one of ours" based on the serial number. Ebayer says to return it Recorded Delivery (UK) and they'll refund etc. Returned, not refund arrives, outside PayPal time-preiod, paid directly from bank account and not via credit card. Have passed details onto UK Trading Standards, and he'll soon be receiving a letter from my brief (well from me, actually :) ).

I replaced the dodgy card with a Crucial branded one. It was £5 quid cheaper:confused:

Airforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
I will wait a bit for the brand name sticks to drop then :)

Lifetime warranty, guaranteed to work with macbook and macbook pros...Why would you wait?:confused: G Skill is a great brand ;)

I sure the heck didn't wait to buy mine and couldn't be happier :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.