Would you buy from this guy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iW00t, Jun 15, 2007.

1. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't see anything that immediatly stands out as looking not safe, and the seller has 100% positivee feedback. What was making you nervous?

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Eh? US$299 is not cheaper than $219, $230 or $249 (OWC, DMS and OWC Samsung). Why would you risk an essentially anonymous eBay seller selling Crucial Dell RAM over a reputable Mac supporting dealer?

Not understanding this.

Also: If you receive problem RAM, this eBay seller says: "deal with Crucial yourself".

4. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

The trouble is for OWC a single stick of crucial ram costs $199, which would put them at about $100 more than this guy if you are getting a pair of them.

Ironically OWC costs more than Crucial, although OWC supposedly has better service.

5. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

6. tullys macrumors member

tullys

Recently I bought a 2GB San Disk MicroSD card from Ebay, excellent feedback on the seller's profile, and a reasonable but not unusually cheap price etc etc. Card Arrived in sealed packaging, with SanDisk look-n-feel F-Fwd 8 weeks the card dies (like a parrot) and the Ebay refers me to San Disk.

San Disk report "it's not one of ours" based on the serial number. Ebayer says to return it Recorded Delivery (UK) and they'll refund etc. Returned, not refund arrives, outside PayPal time-preiod, paid directly from bank account and not via credit card. Have passed details onto UK Trading Standards, and he'll soon be receiving a letter from my brief (well from me, actually :) ).

I replaced the dodgy card with a Crucial branded one. It was £5 quid cheaper:confused:

7. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

Wow.... are you sure it is not a pricing glitch?

A while ago we pay that much for a 1gb stick!

8. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Yup, it's the right price. Memory has become so cheap. Hell, it's only $30 for a 1GB stick!

9. iW00t thread starter macrumors 68040

iW00t

I will wait a bit for the brand name sticks to drop then :)

10. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Lifetime warranty, guaranteed to work with macbook and macbook pros...Why would you wait?:confused: G Skill is a great brand ;)

I sure the heck didn't wait to buy mine and couldn't be happier :p

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

You can get 4GB of RAM from www.datamem.com for only $230! They are a great vendor that sells brand name RAM with a lifetime warranty. I have been a devoted customer ever since I first bought RAM for my 12" 1.33GHz iBook G4. :)