Would you buy more apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TSX, Feb 17, 2009.

?

Would you buy more apps If you could try them first

Poll closed Feb 27, 2009.
  1. Yes, I would buy more apps if i could try them first.

27 vote(s)
    96.4%
  2. No, ill just take a loss if the app isnt what i wanted.

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Would you buy more apps if you could try them first?

There's an app in the app store that i want but its $19.99. The reason i haven't bought it yet, is because if it sucks ill be mad i threw 19.99 down the drain. I wish the apps had a trail period, if all the apps had this i might buy more apps than i do now.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Omnifocus? If you're a fan of the desktop version get it.

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

You can try many of them at the Apple Store. Granted, it's not as good as a trial period, but it's better than going in blind. Somewhat ironically, I actually received an email about this today...

Attached Files:

4. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

No it's Beatmaker.

5. whitlecj macrumors member

I agree a trial version would be nice. More developers need to put out a trial or lite version.

6. Jess.H macrumors member

Jess.H

Agreed, all though thankfully a lot of the apps are so inexpensive that it's not *too* bad a blow if the app isn't what a person expected.

7. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

The Apps that would really benefit from this are the expensive ones - like over $10. I'm sure they would sell more copies too if we could test drive them. Otherwise, we'll just sit on the side-line waiting for ourselves to have a weak moment and just buy it - which may never happen for some. It probably would also increase the quality of the Apps too. If people test drive an App and see it's crap, then the app isn't going to sell at all. The developer would be forced to make a very smooth looking and functioning app.

8. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

I dont mind the .99 apps, but when the apps are 19.99 i think twice before buying them. I think i seen not to long ago that some apps were about 15-20.00 were coming out. If i bought an app that was that much and i thought it was a waste of money i might not want to buy any more expensive apps at all.

9. rednano74 macrumors member

Most free apps are a waste of money too. :eek:

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Duh! No brainer for me. $.99 - on up, need a tester before buying...

11. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Do you know if different games are on different iPhones in the Apple Store or how the demo's work?

12. Resist macrumors 68030

What is this a joke poll? Of course people would rather try an app out first before buying them......what did you think the responses would be?

13. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

Waste of bandwidth, like that sound grenade and fart apps.

14. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Dont forget to vote!!!!!

15. valsources macrumors newbie

valsources

Apple is very good. But I haven't enough money. So it is too expensive to me. So far I never buy any product of apple. :) But I like apple.

16. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

This should be a no-brainer for most developers when it comes to their apps. I rarely buy an app anymore unless if I absolutely know that it is worth it and that I will use it for more than a week or two. I bought SuperMonkey Ball and CroMag Rally when they were both released and those two together put me back $20, Cro-Mag is alright now, and is worth the $2 pricetag that is has now, but if there were a trial version when it was $10, I wouldn't have bought it, and I still wouldn't buy SuperMonkey Ball no matter what the price. Lite versions have both convinced me to buy and not to buy apps. I think that this is a no-brainer when it comes to developers.