Would YOU buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sugarray3000, Aug 28, 2010.

  1. sugarray3000 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2009
    #1
    Hey guys, this is not an "shall I buy now or wait" question... This is an "would YOU buy now ?" question"

    If YOU wanted to buy the top of the line MBP 15" i7 2.66 would YOU buy it now or wait 1-2 months to see if apple would change the the 2.66 to 2.8?

    What would YOU do??? And WHY?
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    There is no proof of Apple using the i7-640M, that CPU ain't even available yet and may not be due Sandy Bridge coming early. It's only been 4 months since the update so I wouldn't expect an update anytime soon, my guess is Q1 2011.
     
  3. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2010
    Location:
    Southern Ontario
    #3
    haha i asked myself this since the last reset, but i ordered my 15" 2.66 ghz i7 processor on monday and it will be in my lap by wednesday =D, i looked over every inch of the details and performance specs and its so god damn fast i ran out of a reasons to not buy it, so its on its way =D
     
  4. zedsdead macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    #4
    If you are in education, buy now and get te free iPod touch. You can either use it or hock it to help pay for the laptop.

    If not, and you could wait a few months, then wait. Based in it's usually cycle, October would be the target for the next update, but there is no guarantee at all. Could take until early next year.
     
  5. fsckminix6 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2006
    Location:
    Chicago (847)
    #5
    I would buy now... Technology is always moving forward sandy bridge will come out and then youll want to wait for the next one.
     
  6. jclardy macrumors 68040

    jclardy

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2008
    #6
    I bought now partly because of the tax free holiday here, that along with buying from the refurb store saved me around $400.
     
  7. LocoStrange macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2010
    #7
    If I am actually going to use the laptop to its full potential, I would may wait but didnt they just upgrade the MBP line so i doubt anything is coming for a little while. But what is the difference going to be? Just a few seconds? Big deal :D

    I just bought a base model 13" a few days ago since its mainly going to be used for school purposes and I am going to school for Nursing and not any photo/video editing stuff so there was no reason for me to wait. Eventually, when I finish school and there is a big upgrade, I can easily sell this one and buy a new one.

    That was basically my reasoning for buying now and not waiting.
     
  8. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2003
    Location:
    California
    #8

    That is the same old worn out question....
     
  9. MCIowaRulz macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2009
    #9
    Did you CTO or stock?
     
  10. fcortese macrumors demi-god

    fcortese

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2010
    Location:
    Big Sky country
    #10
    Just bought and got my new MBP -see sig. 'Nuf said.
     
  11. iggypod macrumors 6502a

    iggypod

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2010
    #11
    Here is another vote for buying now. It's in mid cycle.
     
  12. HLdan macrumors 603

    HLdan

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2007
    #12
    Ha ha, nice try on the "play on words" OP, it's still the same thing as you asking the forum if YOU should buy now or wait? Just get the damn thing now.:) Do you honestly think a 2.8Ghz is gonna matter over the 2.6? Plus, not only is that speculation, but even if you wait till December, it would only be 8 months since the last update and Apple doesn't update their notebooks in December. Don't count on any new Macbook updates till early next year.
     

Share This Page