Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sugarray3000

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Hey guys, this is not an "shall I buy now or wait" question... This is an "would YOU buy now ?" question"

If YOU wanted to buy the top of the line MBP 15" i7 2.66 would YOU buy it now or wait 1-2 months to see if apple would change the the 2.66 to 2.8?

What would YOU do??? And WHY?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
There is no proof of Apple using the i7-640M, that CPU ain't even available yet and may not be due Sandy Bridge coming early. It's only been 4 months since the update so I wouldn't expect an update anytime soon, my guess is Q1 2011.

TopHatPlus

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
Southern Ontario
haha i asked myself this since the last reset, but i ordered my 15" 2.66 ghz i7 processor on monday and it will be in my lap by wednesday =D, i looked over every inch of the details and performance specs and its so god damn fast i ran out of a reasons to not buy it, so its on its way =D

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
If you are in education, buy now and get te free iPod touch. You can either use it or hock it to help pay for the laptop.

If not, and you could wait a few months, then wait. Based in it's usually cycle, October would be the target for the next update, but there is no guarantee at all. Could take until early next year.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I bought now partly because of the tax free holiday here, that along with buying from the refurb store saved me around $400.

LocoStrange

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
If I am actually going to use the laptop to its full potential, I would may wait but didnt they just upgrade the MBP line so i doubt anything is coming for a little while. But what is the difference going to be? Just a few seconds? Big deal :D

I just bought a base model 13" a few days ago since its mainly going to be used for school purposes and I am going to school for Nursing and not any photo/video editing stuff so there was no reason for me to wait. Eventually, when I finish school and there is a big upgrade, I can easily sell this one and buy a new one.

That was basically my reasoning for buying now and not waiting.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
Hey guys, this is not an "shall I buy now or wait" question... This is an "would YOU buy now ?" question"

If YOU wanted to buy the top of the line MBP 15" i7 2.66 would YOU buy it now or wait 1-2 months to see if apple would change the the 2.66 to 2.8?

What would YOU do??? And WHY?

That is the same old worn out question....

MCIowaRulz

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2009
haha i asked myself this since the last reset, but i ordered my 15" 2.66 ghz i7 processor on monday and it will be in my lap by wednesday =D, i looked over every inch of the details and performance specs and its so god damn fast i ran out of a reasons to not buy it, so its on its way =D

Did you CTO or stock?

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Ha ha, nice try on the "play on words" OP, it's still the same thing as you asking the forum if YOU should buy now or wait? Just get the damn thing now.:) Do you honestly think a 2.8Ghz is gonna matter over the 2.6? Plus, not only is that speculation, but even if you wait till December, it would only be 8 months since the last update and Apple doesn't update their notebooks in December. Don't count on any new Macbook updates till early next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.