Would you buy Rev C 128 SSD or Refurb 128 SSD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by thr61, Jul 2, 2009.

1. thr61 macrumors newbie

I am going to buy an MBA and have been reading widely about the speed differences between the 1.86 and 2.1 SSD machines.

Here are my options:

1. Buy the rev C 2.1 with 128 ssd at an educational price of $1699.00 and also get a free Touch, a $99.00 credit towards a printer and the ethernet dongle included.

2. Buy the rev B refurb 1.86 with 128 ssd for $1449 and not get the Touch or the dongle.

3. Some other option I have not considered...

Thanks for your help.

2. phatcat macrumors regular

Buy the #1, then sell the iPod and you'll be at the same price as #2.

3. Balthezor macrumors member

Balthezor

This is exactly why I bought the Rev. C. With the free iPod touch and the student discount, they are about the same price. And I rather have a brand new machine any day.

4. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

C/SSD > B/SSD > C/HDD ...

If you can afford to get the best (and you have an edu discount as well...), do it. Refurb rev B with SSD is just a great deal, especially compared to low-end C.

5. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Buy the new 2.13 if you can get the iPod Touch and all! You have written it yourself; it's a no brainer... why would you go any other route?

I have had all three versions of the MBA, and I will gladly take 2.13 over 1.86! You get a nicer CPU, better performing GPU, and more battery power, too.

Hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

6. zedsdead macrumors 68040

I also say go with the Rev C with the iPod/printer...hopefully less likely to get the line issue as well.

7. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

If you have the money available to get the C with the Touch and printer, go for it. The Air is an incredible computer and edu pricing on the C with the rebates on the iPod and printer on top is a terrific deal.

8. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

I got Rev C with my wife's Ed discount, plus free Touch and HP printer. Sold Touch & printer on Craigslist right away. All in all, the price of Rev C Air ended up ~ $1580. Really can't beat this deal!