Would you buy the iPad if it has Mac OSX?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iBryton, Jan 27, 2010.

1. iBryton macrumors regular

There have already been many disappointments about the new iPad product. But this product is VERY huge, but only 1GHz, 256mb ram. Overall, I am NOT pleased with the product, and the worst part is that it isn't Mac OSX software!

Your thoughts?

2. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I don't know if I would buy one but I would definitely be more tempted to.

3. jtara macrumors 65816

No, I wouldn't. It would just be a MacBook without a keyboard. Would be awful to navigate. OSX just isn't ready for touch-screen. You'd be working with tiny, fiddly controls. Apple is leveraging their fat-finger iPhone UI.

Plus I dunno how you'd get to the low power consumption. It comes with a *10 watt* power supply. A 13" Macbook power supply is a 60-watter.

The power supply isn't the final say on power consumption, but it's a good indication of peak consumption.

Presumably, the power supply has enough to supply peak power AND charge the battery, so consumption is probably well under 10 watts.

How long before Al Gore checks-in with how many years this announcement puts-off our demise by global warming? ;)

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

5. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

The iPad will run OS X. Have you ever heard of a VNC Client???

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I wouldn't buy one. I have my MBP for heavy lifting. My iPhone is perfect for 99% of what I do, except for the screen size. So this thing fits the bill quite nicely.

7. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Up the price a bit, have the Macbook Air internals with OS X. That, I think, is what I was expecting and would have had my business.

8. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

On the iPhone OS?

9. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

No, because it would have sucked. Why were people expecting this thing to run Mac OSX, an OS that was *not* designed for multi-touchscreen input?

I don't want a device that replaces my MacBook(Pro). I have one of those already, its great at what it does.

10. lee.anderson macrumors regular

lee.anderson

On the iPad. iPhone App Store has got plenty of them, while not exactly great on the iPhone, I can only imagine how much better a native VNC client would be on the iPad.

11. IndianaiPhone macrumors regular