Would you buy this flash drive?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mrsir2009, May 21, 2011.

1. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Would you buy this flash drive providing it was small, cheap and had 4 or 8 GB of memory.

Attached Files:

2. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

If it were aesthetically pleasing, worked properly, and wasn't much(if at all) more expensive than a normal flash drive of the same capacity, yes. But I wouldn't pay a premium for it and wouldn't use it if it were ugly or bulky.

Good idea though, especially for those of us with portables(i.e. MacBooks with only 2 USB ports). It's just not a luxury that I would pay a serious premium for.

3. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I probably wouldn't, just because I use a thumbdrive so sparingly that it would be a pain to have to plug it in, plug Device B in it's backend, use the thumbdrive, then unplug Device B, unplug the thumbdrive, and plug Device B back into the computer - because the only case in which having a thumbdrive that doesn't hog USB ports is if USB ports are very limited on the computer in question.

It's a really cool idea, but for probly more than a few people a bit impractical.

:)

4. mrsir2009 thread starter macrumors 604

mrsir2009

No, it'd cost the same as a regular flash drive of that size and would be as small, if not smaller than regular flash drives.

Seeing as most people don't have a flash drive plugged in all the time, I thought this idea would be better suited for a 3G wireless broadband stick. I mean, people who use those have them plugged in all the time, and it'd be handy if it didn't hog a port :)

5. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

This, or for wireless keyboard/mouse receivers. They are very small nowadays, but they still use one port.

6. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Nano receivers I love them because they don't get in the way.

7. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Indeed, but on a MBP they block half of the USB ports.