Would you buy this?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bkarabel, Mar 15, 2009.

1. bkarabel macrumors member

Does it make any sense to buy an used 20 inch Apple cinema display (alu ) for $ 250 no tax cash deal from CL?
    It is in pretty good condition but 2 yrs old no applecare on it.

My other option is ViewSonic VX2260wm, which 22 inch 1080p full hd with built in speakers, vga,dvi-d and hdmi for $ 209 plus tax.

But i think acd is better quality but again i may be wrong...

2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Yeah, its an Apple Cinema Display.... they are the best computer displays I have ever seen. I would buy a used one for sure if I was looking to buy a display.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Depends what you are going to be using it for...if you are hooking up external video sources, the viewsonic would be better. You need to list more about what you plan to be doing...for photography the ACD.

4. bkarabel thread starter macrumors member

wow thanks for quick reponses :)

I am going to use it with unibody macbook mostly basic tasks but sometimes fce and some photo editing. Both displays are matte which is good.

If i choose ViewSonic, i can hook up a xbox 360 and maybe a verizon fios cable box.

Do you know if acd is an ips or tn panel?

5. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

acd is IPS panel

6. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Heck yeah! I bought one for my unibody MB as well and it's just stunning. You'll absolutely love it. I paid $500 for it back in December and it was easily worth every penny. Even though I probably could've gotten away with a Samsung TN display(don't do any serious photography), but this display is just jaw-dropping.

I thought the glossy display on the MB wasn't that bad. But I didn't realize how bad it was until I used the ACD.

7. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Unless you're at least a semi-pro graphic designer or photographer then you'd probably get more of a benefit from the extra screen real estate. I'd go for the non-Apple one if I were you.

Edit: The viewsonic seems to fare pretty well in reviews too.