Would you consider it a worthy upgrade if the HD had such specs...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

CPU clocked at 800MHz
    256MB of RAM
    SGX535 GPU, the same as the 3GS
    16-32GB max capacity
    Wifi B/G
    960x640 pixels screen
    5MP camera with 720p HD recording and flash
    A front camera

A worthy upgrade?

2. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

So you're asking if the most likely scenario is a worthy upgrade? Sure, there are rumors of 512MB RAM and maybe 802.11n, but those specs don't look too far off. I am hoping for the GPU to be upgraded (I forget the number) though. I don't really play many games but it's always good to have the option. I really hope they include 512 RAM, that will make a big difference in performance. I'll get it either way though; higher-res screen is a far bigger upgrade than people think around here.

3. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Why make up spec threads when we are mere days away from the actual 4th gen release.

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

iPhone HD.

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Since I'm still using my iPhone 3G, yes I'd consider that an upgrade.

7. Tones2 macrumors 65816

It's not an upgrade to me unless it has greater top end capacity - i.e. 64GB.

Tony

8. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

I've never anticipated a Monday like I have this one!! ;)

9. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

LOL, I'm on a 2g. I would upgrade to just about anything!

802.11n is something I'm looking forward to. I cant get my phone to hook up to my wifi. Very annoying.

I keep thinking the phone will be for sale Monday. I have got to beat that idea out of my head! :eek:

10. MacMuppet macrumors member

I have a battered old Nokia N95 and I'm very much in the market for a new phone - the front runners being the SE Xperia X10 and an iPhone. Aware of what may happen in the next few days, I've gone into my local Apple store a couple of times and played around with a 3GS. I've never had an iPhone or indeed operated one until earlier this week. I was very impressed with the smoothness and speed of the menus and I thought it was in just about every way superior to my current phone *apart* from the camera technology and, yes I know it's Apple, the price (I already own two Apple computers so I know they are not the cheapest).

The back camera is well below even my old N95 and video samples from the SE Vivaz (much cheaper than the iPhone) are in HD and are surprisingly good.
    As has been mentioned numerous times, there is also no flash attached to the iPhone.

I know many people do not really see a need for a front facing camera and indeed I don't really use my N95 front facing camera terribly much but I have done so on the odd occasion in the two years of ownership and I would like the option of one on an iPhone.

I say all of this purely because I am not *yet* an iPhone convert but very much interested in becoming one. I love almost everything about it apart from the the price and the (lack of) camera technology.

11. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

yes i would, though i think it will have 512mb of ram.

12. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Yes, but the bold would be better