Would you consider this bad battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Screwtape, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Screwtape macrumors regular

So recently I've noticed that my iPhone 3G has had pretty bad battery life. Now, I've read all the complaints on here about 3.0, and because of that, I figured that 3.0 was the main culprit... Until today, that is.

After some fairly light usage, surfed the web, mainly to this sight, and used Maps and GPS a few times (LA is hell to navigate without something to tell you where to go), I watched my battery life free fall.

So before my iPhone died, I took a screen shot of my usage. I took it ruffly right after the 20% warning appeared, so I guesstimate my battery life to be at 15%. Now, I'm not a battery life nazi. I don't compared usage screen shots or anything like that, BUT, my battery dying after only 2.5 hours of use seems a bit ridiculous to me. So, to those of you that are battery life nazis, would you consider this unusually bad battery life and/or worth of a trip to the Apple Store for a replace?

[​IMG]

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Do you have WiFi on in the background? That'll kill an EDGE iPhone in a day even with it constantly searching for a signal.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You're going to have to say what you have on to really know (like bluetooth, etc.). However, GPS and Maps really suck the battery down when they're being used, especially on the 3G.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I haven't seen wi-fi to be that big of problem on my phone. Using 3G is another story (usually it is off for me).

5. Screwtape thread starter macrumors regular

Now that you mention it, I might of. I came home and had to turn it on, but I can't remember when I turned it off....