Would you ditch Mobileme If -

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by richxps, Jul 16, 2009.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Hi, if you currently have Mobileme, would you ditch it if Gmail starts to offer push email ? Just wondering..

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Not any longer since I believe find my iPhone is a MM subscription deal only … if I am wrong and it is not then I probably would ditch it.

3. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Not since Apple has added find my iPhone and remote wipe.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

No. Mobile me syncs my contacts between conputer and three iPhones. Gmail would have to do that as well.

5. jdechko macrumors 68040

No. My MobileMe email address is my primary email address and has been for the past 2 years. I couldn't lose that. Also, Apple keeps adding things that make it more and more worth the money each year. I'll gladly keep paying if Apple keeps improving and adding to the service.

6. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Not a chance. Email is just one part of what MobileMe offers.

The syncing of everything (mail, contacts, calendar, files, bookmarks, etc.) between my two Mac's and my iPhone is the most valueable thing to me.

7. Doju macrumors 68000

Not a chance. Email is just a small part.

Love iDisk. Love Find My iPhone. Love cross-syncing.

8. BroadcastDoc macrumors 6502

BroadcastDoc

I have a Google Apps account - I really want to like it, but I keep coming back to MobileMe. I just love it!

I think a better question would be would you switch to MobileMe if they allowed you to use your own domain?

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

syncing is the only reason i even have it, and i could probably deal without it, but its the most compelling feature that MM has.

10. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

No way, the ability to auto sync contacts and calender and the push to other devices is worth every penny for me.

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I thought that if you setup Google as an Exchange account it uses the Activesync protocol to sync Contacts and Calendars?

12. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I have it for a year if I dont see any benefits with it versus my home exchange server, ill dump it.

13. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

No; email is only a tiny part of why I have MobileMe.

14. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

Push Gmail is already available through Nuevasync for only $25 a year. I've been using Gmail for years but I switched to MobileMe because it was designed specifically for the Mac and the iPhone. Syncing of bookmarks, iDisk, and the ability to publish photos from the iPhone directly to MobileMe are some of the other features that Google doesn't have, at least not natively on the iPhone.