Would you do this trade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shasta McNasty, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Long story short, for some reason my best friend wants to trade his new (just got a replacement at apple store saturday, and yes i know they are apple refurbs) 16gb iphone 4 and his 4th gen 64gb ipod touch for my one week old 32gb att refurb ip4 and my few month old ipod classic 160gb. I didnt believe he was serious, but i guess he wants the 32 gig that bad for some reason...:confused: Theres nothing wrong with his ipod touch either, he just got it shortly after they were out. I only have 20gb of music and no videos as of yet so im thinking this would be worth it...what do you guys think?

2. molala macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/5.0.019802/22.394; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Depends if you really want the ipod touch. If it were me, i wouldn't trade. What you have is more versatile.

3. RedburnIV macrumors regular

RedburnIV

Yeah, I wouldn't take the deal. You might enjoy having that extra space on your 32Gb some day and decide to throw on some movies, tv shows, or more music. Plus if you have a Ip4 why would you need an ipod touch? I just don't think you'd use it that often but hey its up to you man.

4. alejovh1 macrumors regular

no way, I would never trade a 32 gb for a 16gb; you'll have better resel value if you decide to sell later on.

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

6. bid2ask77 macrumors regular

bid2ask77

7. err404 macrumors 68020

With only 20GB of music, the only device you need is your 32GB iPhone 4. Why make a trade that would force you to carry a second device?
    If you planning on giving the iPod touch to somebody else in your family, you still suffer because the device you're left with will not hold all of your data.
    It's a lose lose if you trade.

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Personally I would do it as I do not keep any music on my iPhone and the iPod would be perfect. I currently use an iPhone and iPod so that's why the deal would work for me. OP consider how much space you would really use on your i4 minus music. If it's not a lot then this deal may work for you. Good luck.

9. err404, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

err404 macrumors 68020

Why don't you keep music on your phone? I could understand if space or quality were an issue, but in this case they aren't. Music playback on an iPod touch is essentially identical to an iPhone. Maybe you just hate empty pockets ;)

10. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Tough Call... I would stick with what you have.

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I have a nice collection of music on my iPod classic that I prefer to take with me when I do need it. If I want to listen to music on my iPhone I have Pandora installed.

12. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

would appear to be an enticing deal,but you already have an iphone, so theres no need for an ipod touch. You'll continue to load music on ur ipod,so the more space,the better.

13. Shasta McNasty thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Thanks for the responses guys. Another reason I was also considering trade is because value of the iPods. I cant see myself filling it up to the 160gb capacity anytime soon. And by then it would be outdated. It also doesnt bug me to have only 7-10gb of music on my phone which I have now even having the 32gb. Decisions decisions...

14. err404 macrumors 68020

But why not just sync it to your phone and always have it? OP has a 20GB music collection that fits onto his 32GB iPhone. I understand if your library is larger than that, but that isn't relevant to OP situation.

There is case to be made for the cleaner amp of an iPod Classic vs a Touch, but in that case why would he trade his Classic?