Would you exchange your iPhone if the bezel was scratched?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Nov 16, 2007.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

The bottom of the chrome bezel is really scratched after using my Agent 18 case for a while and having dust collect underneath there. I like just about everything else about the iPhone I have, it's a good 5 series screen. But it has a few dead pixels too, one that's really noticable near the iTunes button. What should I say to try to get it replaced if I do? Because I know the scratched chrome bezel isn't Apple's problem, its mine for using the Agent 18 case.

(i don't want another screen with negative black either though, I had a few of those and that wasn't pleasant).

2. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

The only thing you can do if you want to get another exchange is go to apple and hope for the best, im pretty sure they will exchange it if you have dead pixels, just try not to let them see the scratched bezel:D thats what i did a while ago, i had an appointment with the genius bar about dead pixels and an hour before it i dropped my iphone on the table while i was eating and had a ding and scratch in the bezel but i guess they didnt see it and they replaced my iphone

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I think it is your problem not apple's. What should you tell them? Tell them what charge card they can use. :cool:

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

No matter what you do, that chrome will get scratched. There is nothing that can keep it from getting scratched, even having a case on it won't protect it. Dust gets in there and it will get scratched. Just use the phone and stop worrying.

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

A few of those?

And now you want to return and have Apple take the loss for a scratch you made?

Wow.

I do not envy apple sometimes.

6. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

how can you tell when there's a dead pixel? What does it look like?

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Did the case have anything...

to do with the "dead pixels" near the iTunes icon? If not, you should still be able to exchange for a new iPhone, since it is still under warranty. :cool: