Would you find this set-up beneficial?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Oct 6, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

iPod Touch 5th Gen
    Games and music, photos, shovelware apps

iPhone 5
    Calls, texting, iPhone only apps, facetime, apps that need internet to use

iPad(mini if it comes out)

Movies, drawing stuff, browsing internet if you get WiFi only version, games on the bigger screen, etc..
    It would work for me but just get redundant after awhile.
    I would also want a macbook pro. Then I can truly have the apple experience.
    No flaming please, but you can post your ideas of what you would do with these 4 devices.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Personally, I don't see the need to have an iPhone and an iPod touch. Just use the iPhone.

3. drakestan macrumors regular

Replace the iTouch with an iPod Classic 160GB.

4. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

That's totally redundant. You just need an iPhone and an iPad (the current big one, not 'mini')

5. Golfer00ksu macrumors regular

Don't buy the touch and get the 64GB iPhone 5.

6. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

too late I got mine like 2 weeks ago for Verizon in 16gb >_>. But the touch seems pretty cool, I know I wouldn't be able to afford it though.

7. Mr.C macrumors 601

Agreed.

8. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

I got a 4th gen iPod touch when I had a Blackberry. Loved it so much that I swapped to a 4S as soon as it came out. Now I got an iPhone 5 and still own my iPod Touch.

Gotta say I like having them both. I don't have any stored music, I just use spotify which consumes WiFi so I like having the iPod as I don't need to add another worry to battery life. I can also leave the iPod connected to my speakers and listen to music and still use my iPhone in another room.

It's a different case of yours as I got the iPod way before the iPhone... But I like them both.

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

That is alot of stuff to deal with.

Help us by explaining why you would duplicate so much stuff.

10. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I dont have any of those except the iphone. I gave the ipod touch 4 to my mom, never had an ipad or macbook. But I'm guessing if you're feeling lazy you could use your ipod at home instead of your phone, and iPad when you pretty much want a bigger screen to use certain stuff and macbook for your computer. I think the iPod and iPhone are one in the same but who knows, maybe some people didn't want everything on their phone and preferred to use an iPod for shovelware stuff.

11. negrohero9 macrumors regular

negrohero9

I have my 4th gen touch and my iPhone 5. My touch is used in my car just for music (had that before I got my iPhone 4) both of them are 32gb but my phone has a bunch of apps and photos but my touch just has music so I can't complain about them being the same.